Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

NameOrganizationAttended
Micky TripathiArgonautx
Evelyn GallegoGravity
Jocelyn KeeganDa Vincix
Viet NguyenDa VIncix
Steve BrattCodexx
Carmela CoudercCodex
Ryan HowellsCARIN Alliancex
Wayne KubickHL7 CTOx
Chuck JaffeHL7 CEOx
Karen van HentenryckHL7x
Austin KreislerHL7 - TSC Chairx
Melva PetersHL7x

Agenda

  • Accelerator implementation event
  • Vulcan
  • PSS process review and update on Accelerator Project Plans
  • Request for 1-2 pager description of HL7 for Accelerators
  • AOB

Meeting Notes

  • FHIR Accelerator implementation event mid August - Viet
    • Monday Aug 17 afternoon through afternoon August 19
    • start early afternoon Eastern
      • Welcome
      • Keynote from CMS Speaker - Patient Access API
      • 30 minute session with Ryan, Jocelyn and Viet - present coordinated messaging around patient access API and address lack of understanding
      • basic FHIR tutorial - 1 hour - Viet
      • Argonaut IG - Brett
    • Tuesday
      • series of 1 hour sessions - Viet will create a template for each 
        • various daVinci and CARIN IGs - related to patient access API
        • security/provenance
        • testing
    • Wednesday - Implementation day
      • Beginner track including use of ClinFHIR to do some API call
      • normal connectathon like tracks for other IGs
        • leads will talk about reference implementations that are available
    • will take all levels of participants and bring them up to speed as quickly as possible
    • Registration will be open soon, but need to get the landing page
    • Charles meeting with CMS to help with funding later this week
    • Primary community is payers, but also CARIN community
      • those enabling and using patient access APIs
    • Need to find ways and places to promote and advertise
      • Ryan will help with advertising and promoting
    • will create some content/material that can be used for other audiences that HL7 can use to deliver
  • New Accelerators
    •  Vulcan
      • focus on research - to leverage FHIR for critical use cases supporting research
      • uniform
      • SOU - has been approved by everyone except FDA legal services
        • Mary Slack is supportive and has turned it over for regulatory approval
      • expect role out shortly
      • participants will sign a single SOU - there will not be multiple SOUs
      • press release is planned once SOU signed by stakeholders
      • Use Cases for Vulcan - when originally announced, there were about 12 use cases
        • 3 primary 
          • repurposing EHR data coming from FHIR APIs for research purposes - primary
          • scheduling activities related to research protocol
          • translational pheno packets into EHRs
        • Another ~12 use cases are still being evaluated for possible future use, including entry of or corrections to patient-direct data.
      • lots of opportunities and overlap with existing work
      • Need to get stakeholders up to date with existing IGs and profiles
    • CDC - still in the works, but taking a long time
      • Chuck unsure where this stands at the present time
  • PSS process review and update on Accelerator Project Plans
    • Project Proposals - Project Proposals Home
      • want Accelerators to submit Project Proposals
    • PSS Workflow
      • working to simplify the current PSS
      • hope to roll out in August
      • Will be consensus review rather than approvals except for sponsoring WG and TSC
    • Shortening of the timelines for PSS submission
      • Ideally this will happen, but for now will remain the same
    • Program Plans
    • Tooling initiatives - expect both in the next couple of months
      • profile comparisons between US core and FHIR IGs - conflicts and incompatibilities
        • draft tooling
        • user interface needs to be worked on
        • testing needed
      • FHIR Registry - new release
        • help to identify individual profiles in FHIR IGs
        • more advanced searching capabilities
    • US Realm mandate - if not using US Core profile - they want to know why
      • process is to get a waiver to deviate from US Core
  • Request for 1-2 pager description of HL7 for Accelerators
    • Yes, this would be useful for Accelerators
    • HL7
    • Power of FHIR - Power of building IGs on top of FHIR
    • What can we put into 2 pager - that would covert stakeholder into an HL7 Member
    • Roadmap - why contributing to standards body is important
    • Lloyd's material - add to Accelerator space
    • rebranding Accelerator Space
  • ONC funded project
    • develop fact sheets 17-18 - on FHIR
    • drafts just about completed - expect them to be available shortly 
    • will be posted on ONC website
    • will link from HL7 space
  • FHIR Survey
    • working on survey - use and implementation of FHIR
    • expect to be released in next month or so
  • Future topic
    • standard reports for Accelerators
    • role of implementer community in standards process
    • membership in multiple Accelerators and HL7
  • No labels