EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  //10-12-2021

Facilitator: Brian Pech 

Note Taker:  Brian Pech 


David BurgessLabCorp
Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
Dave HamillHL7 International
Eric SchmittHL7 International
Wayne KubickHL7 International
Laura MitterHL7 International
Elizabeth Newton

Kaiser Permanente

Brian PechKaiser Permanente
Joshua Procious

HL7 International

Lynn LaaksoHL7
Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
Jean DuteauDuteau Design
Melisa Coker

Agenda Topics


  • Call to Order

  • Approve Meeting Minutes

TSC questions about role of PEST in organization

TSC was evaluating work groups for changes in their evolution over time in HL7. One of those was ours, now HL7 has lots of external funding which engage funded outside parties to provide services to those projects/accelerators.

What is the role of PEST in the current HL7 environment?

TSC has the ability to form standing committees that address specific domains for advising on those issues. Would PEST fit into this role? TSC could address publishing across product families and this would require input from management groups. PEST could also gather input from HQ staff. 

DH: Fifteen years ago, this group worked on updating the old HL7 website and move to a GoMembers association system. 

HQ staff had an opportunity to update the co-chairs on updates to how electronic services to the HL7 community.

JD: Would like to have PEST serve a conduit for this information coming to the TSC. Something like this happened to education when it became a money making activity; it is now an advisory committee.

DH: Project services was like PIC or Education as more activities were moved off to the TSC. What would be the best way for the HQ staff to interact and be respondent to the HL7 community?

JD: An example of HL7 wide publishing point of view, versioning of publications. Should we have one scheme or product family specific?

LL: We are about to change the Association Mgt. system to Fonteva and this group has been a communication channel for this type of activity.

BP: Management groups would need to be required to send a representative to publishing on a regular basis so HL7 has visibility across all publishing activities.

JD: Look at Mission & Charter  and consider relevant changes. Discuss ideas with the TSC.

BP: Set up a call to the HL7 community for input on revised M&C for PEST as a standing committee.

  • JIRA
Jira was updated to account for a bug in the software.

  • Confluence
Updated Confluence add-ons.

  • Website
Clean up essentially complete.

  • New PSS Process Updates

Josh is working with Melva to finish up the process.

It should be available for use by Jan. 22 WGM

  • Amazon Hosting Topics
HL7 is currently using an AWS employee account to access the AWS environment in order to make full use of the AWS cloud it will have to obtain an AWS account in it's own right. This will allow, for example, moving the list serv to the cloud.

  • Project 1370: Tooling Catalog

  • Publishing

LL: Gforge is only accessible to HQ staff; anyone who needs some item from it needs to get it moved by Nov. 8.

LL: This group should serve as communication channel for HQ staff with the community during the upcoming switch over to a new association management system (Fonteva).

  • Work Group Health

  • Review Action Items

  • Adjourn
Adjourn at 15:45

Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document

Action items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Review the Tooling Project Selection document for the next meeting.
2019-04-02 Meeting notes


Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.