Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:   

Facilitator:  Brian Pech

Note Taker:  Brian Pech

Attendees


PresentNameAffiliation
  •  
David BurgessLabCorp
  •  
Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
  •  
Dave HamillHL7 International
  •  
David Johnson (DJ)HL7 International
  •  
Wayne KubickHL7 International
  •  
Laura MitterHL7 International
  •  
Elizabeth Newton

Kaiser Permanente

  •  
Brian PechKaiser Permanente
  •  
Joshua Procious

HL7 International

  •  
Andrew StatlerCerner
  •  
Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
  •  
Jeff BrownCigna
  •  
Scott RobertsonKaiser




Agenda Topics

TimePresenterTopicNotesFollow/up


  • Call to Order


  • Approve Meeting Minutes

04-28-2020 motion to approve : Laura/Jeff

approved by general consent.

  • JIRA

Archiving old projects.

Looking to for FHIR specification feedback project.

UTG went live over the past weekend.




  • Confluence

Crowd is an Atlassian product that manages single sign on for Jire/Confluence and it has been updated.

Confluence pages being updated with Zoom sign out calendar.



  • Website

Laura is working on trademark logo request page.

HL7 merchandise shop will be going live in the next couple of weeks.



  • New PSS Process Updates

Project proposals project is live and being piloted.

PSS approval project is still under development.



Dave HamillZoom update

Started setting up shared Zoom accounts. 

International council is using theirs.

DH, Josh, Lynn are trying to set up a request page in Confluence but it is difficult to use. Lynn, DH and Josh are going to test a Google calendar as a means of reserving use of a shared Zoom account.



  • Amazon Hosting Topics

Terminology.HL7.org is running on AWS enginx.

There are issues with email passwords (HL7.org) in plain text.

Go Members is system that generates HL7 passwords.

DJ sent an outline of proposed solution to Wayne and Mark.


It will involve verification of the member's email against the membership and a time-limited opportunity for the member to reset their password. After a time limit, the information will be deleted.


More to come.

Hello! First, I'd like to thank you for sharing this issue. It is an important issue and I have been working towards a fix for a while now.

The unfortunate thing for us as an organization is that this is a limitation of our third-party software through which we manage our memberships. It is tightly integrated with our website and has been for a long time.

I totally agree about it being wrong to send plain-text passwords via email. However, the passwords are not stored in plain text. They are stored encrypted but via a two-way hash as someone below has shared. The third party application is a compiled piece of software so we can't do simple scripting changes to update it.

That being said, we have turned off password retrieval through the website until such time as we can offer a proper solution. I am not sure yet what that solution is but agree that the appearance of plain-text passwords is bad enough for us to halt the use.

Concerning not redirecting to SSL, there are issues that hold us back there as well. Portions of the http://hl7.org site are referenced in software builds. These builds rely on a status 200 return of the information necessary or they fail. We cannot send an SSL-redirect as this would cause the software builds to fail. We are working on updating canonical URLs and serving https full time but we do not have an end date at this time.

Again, thank you for sharing your concern. I realize that there is no excuse for the emailing of plain-text passwords but hope that you can understand our current constraints.


  • Project 1370: Tooling Catalog
N/A

  • Publishing
Submitted the name change request to Anne W. for name updates as needed.

  • Work Group Health
  • We have elections for the terms that start next year.
  • The positions currently occupied by David Burgess , Michael van der Zel , and  Andrew Statlerall end in May.
  • Elizabeth Newton will end in January
  • There are currently 4 positions open for this rotation.
  • There are elections in July that will take effect January 1, 2021.
  • Presumably the current terms would extend until January for the ones that should end in May? Do we need to formalize that?
  • Is everyone planning to run again?
  • Should we consider cutting the open co-chairs from 4 to 3?
  • In either case, at least one of the terms starting in January should be for 1 year to get on the same rotation that Brian Pechwill be on since we only have one on that cycle currently. Then we would get to rotations of either 3:2 or 2:2 depending on if we drop one co-chair.
deferred till more co-chairs on call.






  • Review Action Items




  • Adjourn
Next call for June 2 at 2 PM EDT.



Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document


Action items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  •  Vote for steering division Co-chair
09 Jul 2019 2019-07-02 Meeting notes
21 May 2019David Burgess2019-05-09 WGM Minutes EST Q2
21 May 2019David Burgess2019-05-09 WGM Minutes EST Q2
21 May 2019David Burgess2019-05-09 WGM Minutes EST Q2
2019-04-17 Meeting notes
  • Review the Tooling Project Selection document for the next meeting.
2019-04-02 Meeting notes
  • Joshua Procious Do we want to move the FHIR wiki materials over to Confluence?
Joshua Procious2019-03-20 Meeting notes
  • Update EST main Confluence page. Still shows 2018 WGM links.
2019-01-17 Meeting notes - Q1
  • David Burgess will take the EST WG side of the Work Group Change Template
David Burgess2019-01-17 Meeting notes - Q1
  • Thursday agenda topic to address meeting schedule
2019-01-15 Meeting notes - Q2
David Burgess2018-12-19 Meeting notes
Demonstration Agenda
  • EST WG to review and provide feedback on the plan. Insights & suggestions.
2018-05-17 WGM Q4 Meeting notes
  • Workgroup health measure around the tooling
2018-05-17 WGM Q4 Meeting notes
  • find better ways to communicate tooling developments with the organization
2018-05-17 WGM Q4 Meeting notes
  • 90 day document concern - @Wayne - Follow up with TSC as needed
2017-03-14 Meeting Notes (EST Work Group Agenda 20170314)

  •  



Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.