Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  2019-02-20

Facilitator:  Brian Pech

Note Taker:  Brian Pech

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation

David BurgessLabCorp

Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
XBrian PechKaiser Permanente

Elizabeth NewtonKaiser Permanente

Andrew StatlerCerner

Wayne KubickHL7 International
XLaura MitterHL7 International
XDavid Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

XDave HamillHL7 International
XJoshua Procious

HL7 International

XLorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
XJoe QuinnOptum


Agenda Topics

Agenda ItemsMeeting Minutes from Discussion

Approve minutes Feb 5

Motion to approve Laura/LorraineC Carries 2-0-2

Publishing merger

So the merger activity is on hold pending further discussion with the larger HL7 community at the May WGM.

Frank Oemig believes that the merger has not been socialized broadly enough yet for a fully informed decision on the proposed merger.

LorraineC believes that merger makes sense as the organization moves to a web based publication process.

EA Cloud

LorraineC requested a new project from Josh. MVZD and Josh worked on this in San Antonio - with 6 sample models.

Josh will set up a new project for the model call tomorrow at 11 AM EST.

Confluence

Josh updating Confluence home page and help pages - added a list of work groups to homepage.
JIRA

What are the criteria for creating new projects on JIRA?

Lloyd on ballot project - moving tracker function to JIRA, hoping that a pilot using FhIR trackers will start some soon.

There is still around when to use trackers in JIRA vs. action items in Confluence.

SGB precepts

SGB wants to plan a future joint meeting with EST to discuss tooling precepts. When could EST send representatives to an SGB call?

For example, when is a project is creating tooling what criteria does HL7 apply to evaluate the proposed tooling?

Website update

Laura - There's a new logo across the HL7 website. Working on some deferred work. The next big effort discontinuing the help desk and moving FAQs to Confluence.


PSS workflow updates

Josh - The pilot is ready and we are waiting on respondents requested to participate in the effort. There's a Doodle poll for scheduling the next call.


GIThub

There are external projects moving to the HL7 GIThub space. DJ says there is a steady stream of work coming in weekly.

Do we need private repos for pre-publication materials? DJ indicates we can do this if needed. What's the role of GIThub in the publishing process?

Tooling Catalog move to Confluence


There's more to this conversation.

What requirements do we need out of the Tooling catalog? Do we need to keep a database driven back end? Confluence maintains data as static lists.

So it sounds like we want Confluence as the front end of the tooling database, the database could be a number of database backend.

What web form based, database back end solution should HL7 use? ASP.net? PHP/mySQL?

Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document



Action items

  •