Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  2019-01-08

Facilitator:  David Burgess

Note Taker:  Brian Pech

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation
XDavid BurgessLabCorp
XMichael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
XBrian PechKaiser Permanente

Elizabeth NewtonKaiser Permanente

Andrew StatlerCerner
XWayne KubickHL7 International
XLaura MitterHL7 International
XDavid Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

XDave HamillHL7 International

Joshua Procious

HL7 International


Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting




Agenda Topics

Agenda ItemsMeeting Minutes from Discussion
Approve Minutes from Dec. 19, 2018Motion to approve  Brian/DaveH   Approved unanimously
Slides for Jan. WGM

MVZ brought up slides for the morning sessions. Need to update slides by Jan. 10.

Need to update slide for tooling liaisons - requesting liaisons. Need to update slides for accuracy.


HL7.me publicizeAdd slide for WGM, to publicize this.
gForge to GitHubWhat's left to move?   Add a slide to the morning deck to remind people about this effort.
TSC request about whether EST has the capacity to review PSSs in a timely fashion, when PSS has a tooling impact.We need to discuss this at the WGM. Does EST have the capacity to review this and track it? In a timely manner? With PSSs moving to Confluence, maybe do reviews on there?  Only have calls when needed, do it asynchronously? It could be Confluence or a Zulip chat.
When is EST meeting at WGM?Most people are available for Thursday, Q1 & Q2.  
HL7 web updatesLaura - Jihoon Kang looked at website and provided some feedback on streamlining some of the functionality. There is an internal HQ debrief on Jihoon's feedback, likely shared with EST afterwards.
Confluence/JIRA

Roughly 85% of committees have been moved to Confluence. Josh is setting up tips/webinars info about how to use Confluence.   Trying to move crucial information over to Confluence.

PSSs approvals are moving over to Confluence after the WGM. Project Insight will continue to be used as a project database.  Maybe we need to require periodic follow up on high priority projects.

Attachments WGNeed to get feedback on FAQs  from Attachments WG.
Retirement of Helpdesk systemExecutive Committee approved shutting down the Help Desk system.
Publishing FHIR IGs

ONC funding to do an RFP for doing an assessment and gap on FHIR IG publishing process.

DJ currently the FHIR spec is at www.hl7.org/fhir but it would be easier to maintain at fhir.hl7.org.Effectively, this would move it to it's own server and simplify the file transfer process. This would allow version control on the file structure itself.

Document the as is, document the requirements, identify the risks, mitigation prospects.

Unified Terminology GovernanceDemo of process on Tues. afternoon, at WGM by Ted Klein. Hope is to replace Harmonization by end of year 2019.
The TSC requests input from EST on how to prepare guidelines for labelling or categorizing documents posted in HL7 repositories so they are not mistaken for published standards.  Currently the Google Search engine may pull up draft or obsolete documents that were posted on WG web pages under the Documents tab or from a Wiki  ----may mislead users.Change Google search function as to where it looks?  But the search engine looks across the larger HL7 site and pulls up all sorts of documents that may not be useful. We likely need to use some sort of tagging system.
Wayne is working on an update to the tooling plan.


Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document



Action items

  •