Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  2018-12-19

Facilitator:  David Burgess

Note Taker: David Burgess

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation
xDavid BurgessLabCorp

Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
xBrian PechKaiser Permanente
xElizabeth NewtonKaiser Permanente

Andrew StatlerCerner

Wayne KubickHL7 International

Laura MitterHL7 International

David Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

xDave HamillHL7 International
xJoshua Procious

HL7 International


Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting




Agenda Topics

Agenda ItemsMeeting Minutes from Discussion
Approve minutes from Dec. 05, 2018Motion to approve Elizabeth/Brian Abstain 0, Against 0, In Favor 3
gForge to GitHubDiscussed moving all we can from gForge to gitHub, with ballot rec on Jira.
HL7.me publicizePossibly slide deck item for WGM
TSC request about tooling questions on PSS

PSS approval though pre-pilot. Outstanding question to TSC about EST involvement. Keep on agenda for further discussion.

HL7 Education Web pagesWorking well, will remove from future agendas.
General Hl7 web updateSome discussion around using remaining funds for feasibility study (small review of events and membership areas of the web) as viewed from "C"-level viewers. Jihoon Kang is the consultant.
Confluence/JIRA

6 working groups yet to migrate to confluence. Synchrony memory increased to help with attendance and collaborative editing (especially at WGM). General cleaning has taken place.

Need to discuss focus for next effort / migration. Standardizing the "things" that are expected. For example "Mission and Charter" and source of truth.

Who is maintaining the information. (i.e. Co-Chairs aging off and confluence getting outdated, while information on HL7.org is maintained by HL7 staff.)

Recommend call information on landing page, or "close by".

Hash out more at WGM.

Attachments WG

Waiting on feedback from Attachments.

Publishing FHIR

ONC is funding HL7 for task of hire external consultants to build simplified, maintainable process for publishing FHIR IGs, with an eye to extending to other product families IGs.

Unified Terminology Governance

Would like to schedule a call with Ted, for update. (Or a few of us could join the Vocab call.) Josh will reach out to Ted.

Confluence Use

Waiting on Wayne to discuss.

The TSC requests input from EST on how to prepare guidelines for labelling or categorizing documents posted in HL7 repositories so they are not mistaken for published standards.  Currently the Google Search engine may pull up draft or obsolete documents that were posted on WG web pages under the Documents tab or from a Wiki  ----may mislead users.

Based on how Confluence works, would be easier to change "Official documents" instead of changing all draft documents and ancillary documents to "Draft".

Need to make clear that all confluence documents are "Working Documents" and normative standards are on HL7.org. Add Confluence disclaimer? Possibly add "Official Normative Standard" page for all normative documents that is a pointer page to HL7.org? (Provides a searchable link in confluence.)?

I would appreciate EST comments on the draft RFP related to replacement of the Ballot Desktop .Reviewed and discussed. EST would like to remain in the loop on this effort.
Wayne would appreciate input from EST on how to plan and communicate migration of content from GForge to Git
Next call


Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document
Wayne's RFP for Ballot Desktop replacement.


Action items