Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  17 May 2018

Facilitator:  Michael van der Zel

Note Taker:  Andrew Statler

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation
  •  
David BurgessLabCorp
  •  
Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
  •  
Brian PechKaiser Permanente
  •  
Elizabeth NewtonKaiser Permanente
  •  
Andrew StatlerCerner
  •  
Wayne KubickHL7 International
  •  
Laura MitterHL7 International
  •  
David Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

  •  
Dave HamillHL7 International
  •  
Andy Stechishin

CANA Software & Services

  •  
Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
   


Link to Attendance Sheet: EST Attendance May 2018 WGM Cologne, Germany


     Agenda Topics

Agenda ItemsMeeting Minutes from Discussion
  • Announcements
  • Co-ChairsAnnouncements
    • Co-Chairs
  • Election Results have Andrew Statler, Michael Van der Zel, and David Burgess have all been elected to another term as co-chairs for the EST WG.
  •  WG Business
    • M&C
    • SWOT
    • Strategy
      • Tooling Plan
  • If we look at workgroup health that Anne sent out right before the meeting, it will show if our SWOT is showing as up-to-date.


  • Went through the draft of the Tooling Plan with Wayne. Wayne will be providing some additional revisions to the Tooling Plan and then providing it to the group for additional input and feedback. Next steps:
    • Wayne Kubick to finish the Tooling Plan and share with the EST WG
    • EST WG to review and provide feedback on the plan. Insights & suggestions.
    •  
  • Andrew Statler to reserve conference calls
  • Rooms are reserved for September/October HL7
  •  
  • Project updates
    • EA Cloud Lorraine
    • others
  • Michael is unable to create a project in EA.
  • Discussion about separate projects. Will want reusable assets/reusable models.
  • Wayne can talk to the JIRA/Con Models discussed this week.
  • There are some tidy up things that need to be done over the next week or two.
  • Nothing done around CIMI as they didn't publish in this cycle.
  • CDS hooks wanted dispensation from the requirement to move into GitHub.
  • Lots of projects in GForge. We may not want to move all of them.
  • Source code for EA tool can be moved. It is in an HL7 repository right now, so it is not a priority right now. some of the others may be able to move over time as developers have time to work on solutions.
  • Projects that are working today are in SVN. They would have to move to EA.
  • Liaison updates
  • The current process for liaisons is broken. The expectation needs to be set for what the liaison role is, how they interact with the EST WG. We should also provide regular updates to the liaisons to take back to their WG meetings.
    • Identify the expectations for the liaisons
    • We are probably due to validate that list again.
    • We should reach out to those individuals.
    • We can create a process for communicating with them.
    • Do they contact us?
    • Do we contact them?
    • How often?
    • What information do we need to get to them/from them?
  • Tooling plan
  • Tooling architecture
  • Workgroup health measure around the tooling
  • find better ways to communicate tooling developments with the organization

Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document
  


Action items

  •