Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  June 27, 2017

Facilitator:  David Burgess

Note Taker:  Brian Pech

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation

 

Andy StechishinCANA Software & Services
xDavid BurgessLabCorp
 Jeff BrownASCO
 Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
 Nat WongHL7 Australia
xBrian PechKaiser Permanente
xWayne KubrickHL7 International
xLaura MitterHL7 International
xDavid Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

 Dave HamillHL7 International
xLorraine ConstableCognitive Medical Systems


Agenda Topics

Agenda OutlineAgenda ItemMeeting Minutes from Discussion
  1. Agenda review and approval (Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda)
  2. Minutes review and approval
    • Minutes of June 13, 2017
  3. CIMI tools - GitHub and opencimi.org
    • Lorraine Constable will join the call to discuss
  4. Review of Mission & Charter
  5. Project Updates
    • JIRA and Confluence Pilot
    • Web Meeting Try-outs
  6. Website Updates
  7. Additional items (added by Wayne)
    1. What can be done to reduce exposure of HQ and co-sponsor emails on www.hl7.org to spammers and bots? (Remove? limit to logged in members? Convert to image? …)
    2. HQ Use of new e-polling software for co-chair elections (plan to pilot in San Diego) Election Runner.
    3. Planning Tooling update to TSC in San Diego.
  8. Disaster Recovery & Escalation Process
  9. Next Meeting
  10. Parking lot for upcoming meetings
    1. Review Combined project roadmap and prioritize
    2. EST Strategic Plan - Current Year Targets (review at WGM)
    3. Risk Register
 

2. Minutes review & approval - Motion to appove (Wayne/Brian),  motion carries 4-0-1

 

3) CIMI tools - TSC wants CIMI to work more closely with EST in their tooling efforts. Michael V.Z. is the tooling liaison but we have not heard from him lately. CIMI has tools at opencimi.org but would we would like them to move their tools to an HL7 aligned GitHub directory structure.    How does a work group get space in an HL7 GitHub space?  Apparently, FHIR has moved some of their code that is not directly connected to the standard over to the HL7 Git space.

What are the pollicies and procedures to facilitate this?  Right now we apparently do not have HL7 GitHub policy and procedures.  Could we use this project as a pilot? Seems like a good candidate. HL7 JIRA is not quite ready to take on materials yet.  GitHub HL7 activities  so far Brett Marquard and Andy Stechishin have made most use of it. So far activity is using the HL7 webmaster account which would mean DJ would be the contact currently.

Lynn is more deeply involved with Gforge. FHIR wants to move their entire build process over to GIT.

EST needs to contact CIMI co-chair about using GITHub .  Brian Pech contact Richard Esmond?

 

What happens to OpenCimi.org needs to be determined in the long run as their project matures. Their work products are now part of the HL7 community and we need to formalize the curation of their work products.

The OpenCimi tooling stack uses both FHIR HAPI and ADL to generate FHIR based expressions of their artifacts.

Lorraine is charged to help get CIMI more integrated into HL7 tooling processes and procedures.

Discussion shifts to CIMI PSS of CIMI Modeling Integration Initiative (project 1316). Suggested that EST have facilitator send note to CIMI to update PSS to reflect EST co-sponsorship. CIMI is proposing storing information about their tools and tooling chain on HSPC's Confluence server. HL7 may want them to do this on HL7's instead.

4. Mission and Charter - David Burgess update as a proposal and bring it back to group

5. Project Updates

  •  JIRA and Confluence have been updated to a new VM at AWS with new IP addresses
  • The new VM has 2 processes and more memory
  • JIRA and Confluence have been updated to the latest versions
  • Also at JIRA service desk has been added as part of our license
  • There is a Perma-link on HL7 website - www.hl7.org/permalink?confluence
  • Currently those assigned to Confluence Spaces have read/write access
  • CIMI is likely interested in ticket and tracker aspects of JIRA
  • Lloyd M. is doing project on using Tracker on JIRA
  • We are getting closer to opening JIRA and Confluence to the larger HL7 community
  • JIRA is more project centric based on software project lifecycles, for example, Scrum - Agile, or business cycles
  • Maybe set up a JIRA space on Confluence to allow collection of experiences and best practices, requirements
    • Wayne Kubick send email to list of folks interested in working with JIRA
  • HIPchat - has changed how their standard install works, can we use the HIPchat cloud and integrate with our AWS JIRA/Confluence or do we have to use the Data Center product?
  • What's the status of this HipChat vs. Zulip?
    • The integrated nature HipChat with JIRA/Confluence maybe a better experience for end users

9. Website updates - FHIR proficiency badge,  FhIR foundation membership badge

 

10. Next call July 11

 

 

   

Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document
2 Approval of June 13 call minutesnotes-20170613.docx


Action items