Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  January 31, 2017

Facilitator:  David Burgess

Note Taker:  David Burgess

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation

Regrets

Andy StechishinCANA Software & Services
XDavid BurgessLabCorp
XJeff BrownASCO
 Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
 Nat WongHL7 Australia
XBrian PechKaiser Permanente
XWayne KubrickHL7 International
XLaura MitterHL7 International
XDavid Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

Regrets

Dave HamillHL7 International


Agenda and Meeting Minutes


Agenda OutlineAgenda ItemMeeting Minutes from Discussion
1

Agenda review and approval (Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda)

Agenda approved, with addition of EST pilot of Confluence and JIRA.

2

Minutes review and approval

 
2.a
  • WGM minutes

Reviewed meeting minutes from the Jan 2017 WGM.

Review of minutes revealed the following action items.

  • Wayne Kubick to review need and level of effort for WGM online attendance solution.
  • David Johnson to investigate a way to remove or replace phone number in Conference Call Center scheduler.
  • David Johnson to research the addition of a Co-Chair only tab on the HL7.org work group sites, to include login information for project Insight, and other like information.
  • David Hamill to update EA licence document on Tooling and Resources page
  • David Hamill to contact Education work group about our decision to archive project #992
  • Wayne Kubick to speak to Lorraine about next steps after we discussed closing project #1064, with plan to create new project which incorporates recommendation from Lorraine's project #1303.
  • David Burgess to schedule international monthly EST co-chair call.

Motion made to approve (with minor edits by David Burgess) Jeff/Wayne, motion passed unanimously.

3Project Updates 
3.a
  • Tooling Catalogue updates

No update

3.a.i
    • Heroku applications
David Burgess asked question what is Heroku. Wayne explained that it has to do with a Application Service used to support the Tooling Directory, as well as the CDA database project.
3.b
  • JIRA and Confluence Pilot
Wayne Kubick to check with other work groups to see if any are using the products. David Burgess suggested a need for EST to pilot, as to provide analysis of benefits, and drawbacks. Postponed disscussion of EST's use of Confluence until later in this EST call.
3.c
  • Web Meeting Try-outs

FreeConfrenceCall project is still looking for wider roll out and testing with larger work groups but there are several limitation that need to be addressed first:

  • Creation of a tip sheet to assist Hosts (Co-chairs) and membership in understanding how to use the product.
  • Ability to convey the correct dial-in information from the Conference Call Center, and Scheduling application.
  • Creation of email host accounts for pilot work groups.
4Website UpdatesLaura is currently working on Spanish version of Madrid event page, and Spanish materials for the next WGM.
addedMadrid co-chair coverage

Jeff brought up the co-chair coverage for Madrid WGM. Jeff is a probable, Andy will not attend, Brian and David are presently unsure, we are guessing that Michael is probably, and we have not idea about Nat.

Wayne discussed that this might be a good WGM and EST a good candidate for piloting remote connectivity. Wayne Kubick is researching the possibility.

5Next Meeting

Wayne wants us to evaluate a group chat for working group. Would like for EST to discuss testing Zulip.

David Burgess will add to next meeting agenda.

addedEST pilot of Confluence and JIRA

David Burgess demonstrated and EST Work Group Space that he built out in Confluence. Even this meeting was conducted from a Meet Notes Page within that Confluence Site. We discussed the benefits of using Confluence and JIRA within the EST Work Group, for the sake of evaluating it functionality, and limitation. David Johnson took an action item to make sure all the EST co-chairs, and regular meeting attendees had access to Confluence.

If piloting goes well, Brian asked who the next work groups should be to roll this out too. Vocabulary was mentioned, and they had expressed interest, and experience working with these products in the past. Brian also suggested a possibility of Publishing being a candidate.

  MEETING ADJOURNED at 3:00pm EST.
6Parking lot for upcoming meetings 
6.a
  • Disaster Recovery & Escalation Process
 
6.b
  • Review Combined project roadmap and prioritize.
 
6.c
  • EST Strategic Plan - Current Year Targets (reviewed at WGM)
 
6.d
  • Risk Register
 

Action items

  • David Burgess to post meeting minutes, validate validate Confluence assigned action items, and post Motions to EST Decisions Page.
  • David Burgess will continue to configure EST Confluence Space
  • Wayne Kubick to review need and level of effort for WGM online attendance solution.
  • David Johnson to investigate a way to remove or replace phone number in Conference Call Center scheduler.
  • David Johnson to research the addition of a Co-Chair only tab on the HL7.org work group sites, to include login information for project Insight, and other like information.
  • David Hamill to update EA licence document on Tooling and Resources page
  • David Hamill to contact Education work group about our decision to archive project #992
  • Wayne Kubick to speak to Lorraine about next steps after we discussed closing project #1064, with plan to create new project which incorporates recommendation from Lorraine's project #1303.
  • David Burgess to schedule international monthly EST co-chair call.
  • Wayne Kubick to check with other work groups to see if any are using the products
  • Wayne Kubick is researching the possibility of EST piloting remote connectivity at the next international WGM in Madrid
  • David Burgess will add discussion about piloting Zulip to next meeting agenda.
  • David Johnson took an action item to make sure all the EST co-chairs, and regular meeting attendees had access to Confluence.