Emergency Care HL7 Working Group 3.28.19
Emergency Care Data sets:
Medication concepts placed into 1 med bucket
First Question: Include history of medication allergy? Or Just have an allergy section for that? (It’s Currently under history)
- In this context, allergy refers to a substance (aka med) so probs leave it in history
Second Question: how to do inheritance (add the orange cloud)? (can’t figure out copying it)
- Medication is a concept group so look at the art-decor.org instructions under documentation
- able to search for medication, add it, and specify the relationship (generalized, adaptation, derived, equivalent, etc.) but cannot mention inheritance
Clean up & find medication
Reminder to us:
under medication header, edit it in the definition: write a note saying what needs to be copied and where to put it.
Description: cardinality of medication- A grouping of all content related to medication intended to be used for medications- meds taken at home, given prior to arrival, administered in the ED, prescribed at disposition.
Moving Concepts: MAKE SURE TO SAVE
- Start with ID
- ED medication ordering practitioner ID
- ED medication administering practitioner ID
- ED medication ordering practitioner type
- ED medication Administering practitioner type
- Medication (medication name)
So what goes next? Name, Dose, unit….
Note: Date/time= when the order is placed. Schedule = when the patient should take the medication.
- Med Dose
- Med dose unit
- Med Schedule
- Med route
- Dosage form à “amount of ED discharge medication to be dispensed”
- “amount of ED discharge medication to be dispensed”
- The Plan: create a new item in a different name which functions the same, deprecate other one, send a note to swap them and deprecate out of LOINC as well. Still needs to exits because artifact.
- Rename = “amount to be dispensed”
- LOINC code exists just for “discharge” So remove current LOINC code and change to the proper data element that is more general.
- Change Request: Further explanation: We are suggesting to deprecate the number 56852-7 from DEEDS and LOINC, and we will use new number 82767-5 in LOINC.
- Then, create new data element: “amount dispensed medication” with the 82767-5 LOINC code.
Number of ED discharge medication refills→ refills prescribed medication
Same story but don’t even have a LOINC code
What is ED discharge Medication order type? For instance, or a long term one?
Go back to the original documentation
Medication recon at time of discharge- precedent by doing that 10 years before their time.
Type for future consideration (change request)
Title Is there a LOIC code for this
Description: Deeds has data element for medication status at the time of med recon. Is there something in LOINC for this?
Suggestion = use what LOINC has
Next week: disposition and diagnostics?