LabCorp made its COVID-19 test available on Thursday, March 5, 2020.
Panel to Order: 139900
LabCorp 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), NAA
Detection of SARS-CoV-2 to assist in the diagnosis of COVID-2019 infections.
Q&A: LabCorp's Testing for COVID-19
- COVID-19 tests performed by LabCorp are qualitative assays using PCR technology (polymerase chain reaction)
- Beginning Mon Mar 16 2020, LabCorp is performing the Roche test for COVID-19
- Tests have the same test code, 139900
Sample Report, 139900
Information from LabCorp about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- LabCorp announced that it will be able to perform more than 20,000 COVID-19 tests per day beginning Friday, March 20, ahead of its original schedule.
- LabCorp is now performing COVID-19 testing at its labs in Phoenix, Ariz., Burlington, N.C., and Raritan, N.J.
CPT® releases new coronavirus (COVID-19) code & description for testing, effective Mar 13 2020: 87635
HCPCS - U0002 - Billing coded for SARS-CoV-2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19) tests, specifically for Non-CDC laboratories - Mar 5 2020