Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 Clinical Quality Information Workgroup
CQI Co-chairs: Patty Craig, Paul Denning, Floyd Eisenberg, Juliet Rubini, Yan Heras
Meeting Chair:  Juliet Rubini
Meeting Scribe: Patty Craig

Hosting: CDS


  • Roll call and Introductions
  • Reviewed Agenda for the week and updated as needed.
  • Discuss naming conventions / governance around CQL library names in eCQMs - measure stewards, publishers, etc.
    • Namespaces in the Measure Authoring Tool (MAT)
      • As of CQAL R1 STU4, the namespaces must be unique.  Until now, they were not required to be unique and, hence, are not.
      • MAT needs to support definition of a alphanumeric code per Steward that will be used to construct a URL and a corresponding Namespace by attaching the code as a path to the URL currently used by the MAT and the code will be the Namespace in the CQL libraries.  Beyond that their will need to be user governance so that similar to VSAC author groups, users and determine which individuals can author within which Namespace.
      • Other measure authoring tools should not create Namespaces that will collide with the MAT or other tools, unless they are willing and able to coordinate all Namespaces to ensure their will not be collisions across tools.
        • Perhaps there should be one location where all measures, regardless of tool and purpose of use, are stored in one place - perhaps at eCQI Resource Center.
      • This discussion will be taken back to CMS.
  • QRDA Cat 1 STU 5.1 - OID issue – discussed in a previous meeting.
  • Business Meeting
    • DMP and Mission and Charter - Done and submitted to HQ; will be required again
    • 3 year plan - no longer needed
    • Sydney planning - occurred during Wed Q3
      • DEQM and FHIR Measure IG to R4
    • Co-chair election reminder.
  • Moved by Rob Samples to adjourn the CQI Sept WGM, Seconded by Sam
  • No further discussion
  • Abstain: 0, Opposed: 0, Affirmative: 7


  • None

Action Items

  • None

Meeting Adjourned:  4:39pm