HL7 Clinical Quality Information Workgroup
CQI Co-chairs: Patty Craig, Paul Denning, Floyd Eisenberg, Juliet Rubini, Yan Heras
Meeting Chair: Yan Heras
Meeting Scribe: Patty Craig
- Roll call and Introductions
- Reviewed Agenda for the week and updated as needed.
- Clinical Steering Division Update
- Major change discussion for QRDA Category I STU 5.1 (for 2020 reporting)
- STU comment 1852
- During 2019 data reporting (STU 5) it was discovered that vendors have not removed the measure valueset oid code. The continued inclusion of this oid is causing templates to be replicated. If one measure requires a specific attribute of the template and another doesn't, the same patient can receive a different result for the same measure (one result per replicated/duplicated template.
- The request is that the removal of the measure valueset oid be made a "SHALL NOT" within STU 5.1 so moving forward we do not have this issue.
- During discussion, the point was raised that while a vendor may remove the measure valueset oid, they may not collapse the replicated/duplicated templates, so the issue could continue.
- The WG has decided that it would be more important to prevent the duplicate instances (data).
- Vol 1 will have guidance added that informs the vendor that if duplicate data are included in a QRDA I file, it could lead to unexpected measure results when calculated by another entity. Add a new section in Vol 1 titled "Processing Considerations".
- Moved by Paul Denning to accepted as written, Seconded by Juliet Rubini
- No further discussion
- Abstain: 0, Opposed: 0, Affirmative: 15
- PSS considerations for May 2020 (San Antonio)
- No one in the room is aware of any new PSS considerations.
- Write language for Vol 1. QRDA I STU 5.1 to provide guidance to vendors concerning duplicate data.
Meeting Adjourned: 10:30am