Minutes from last call: CQI Quality Sub-Group 1 December 2021 - OMOP Quality Measurement
The group discussed options for examples to address in the May FHIR Connectathon.
- Oncology concepts - outcomes for prostate cancer - potential process or outcome measures (Sebastian van Sandijk) - may be able to work with existing eCQMs - potentially stroke as well
- Mortality measures - ask Maria about public health mortality measure work - also interest in aligning COVID vaccination status and mortality
- Maryland perspective - suites including mortality, readmission, and several others - these may not be in eCQM/dQM format. In the ambulatory space, there are eCQMs which could be evaluated via Atlas.
- The mapping will be the most significant issue. Will need to work with the OMOP-FHIR mapping group.
- Daveera Gabriel - working on a COVID dataset to OMOP - if that is useful it can be used - looking at co-morbidities using VSAC value sets
- Paul Nagy indicates his group has looked at Epic ETL to OMP for the vaccinations and conditions
- VSAC content should allow a one-time mapping exercise to the OMOP content to feed the eCQMs.
- for any eCQM only using VSAC content (from standard code sets) - should be easier to implement - what else within eCQMs isn't using those standards?
Listserve: http://www.hl7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav See FHIR-OMOP on right
Zulip thread: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/286658-omop-.2B.20fhir/topic/FHIR.20.2B.20OMOP.20dQM.20.28Measurement.29
The group agreed that a joint meeting of the dQM, mapping, and vocabulary groups would be helpful during the upcoming WGM in 2 weeks. The best time would be during Q5 on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
Daveera will check with the chairs of the other groups to determine the best day for the session and we will set it up and notify the group.
|Attendee||Attendee's Organization||Attendee's email||Present|
|9||Evan Patrick Minty||yes|
|14||John David Evans||yes|
|24||Sebastian van Sandijk||yes|