CodeX (Common Oncology Data Elements eXtensions) is a Member-driven HL7 FHIR Accelerator, building a community to accelerate interoperable data modeling and applications leading to step-change improvements in cancer patient care and research.
CodeX Members are achieving interoperability by integrating the mCODE (minimal Common Oncology Data Elements) FHIR Implementation Guide -- a standard language for cancer data -- into existing and new applications. As a part of this effort, CodeX will also develop extensions to mCODE as needed for Use-Cases-based projects to be successful.
For background, see the more detailed overview. To stay up to date on all CodeX news, subscribe to the general mailing Listserv to your right.
CodeX Use Cases projects are Executing, or in the Planning or Discovery phases, with Members driving progress. All projects hold promise to substantially improve cancer care and research through community alignment around the use of mCODE and necessary extensions for the sharing of standardized, structured cancer data.
Community of Practice
CodeX has a monthly mCODE Community of Practice meeting, typically on the last Friday of each month at 12pm ET. During these meetings, the Community gathers to discuss, share, and learn about recent achievements to the mCODE standard and applications in the real world being developed through CodeX.
Previous meeting content - can be found on the Meeting Minutes page.
Please register to join our upcoming meeting by (1) selecting "Register Here" (2) including your information for registration and (3) choosing the “Add to calendar” drop-down link to add the meeting information and Zoom invitation.
A warm welcome to CodeX’s Founding Members! The opportunity to be a Founder is available through the end of 2020.
Member have the privilege of serving on Use Case Project leadership teams, making the decisions that enable Smarter Data in the Fight Against Cancer. Contact Steve Bratt or Anthony DiDonato to discuss Membership options.
mCODE/CodeX in the News
- HL7 News October 2020 Edition - CodeX Community Stress-Tests the Value of a Common Language for Cancer Data
- "The Dish on Health IT" Podcast - Episode 11: HL7 CodeX: Transforming Cancer Care and Research
- Healthcare Innovation: ICARE Study Gathers EHR Data for Oncology Research
- Healthcare IT News: MITRE working with Nuance and Mayo Clinic on AI and automation for clinical datasets
- NASEM Health and Medicine Division - Monica Bertagnolli, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center
- Improving Cancer Data Interoperability: The Promise of the Minimal Common Oncology Data Elements (mCODE) Initiative
- Learn More About CodeX
- CodeX Membership
- Knowledge Base - mCODE
- Q's and How-To's
- Can mCODE represent two distinct pieces of data on a HistologyMorphology result?
- Can you mix ICD-10-CM and ICD-O-3 codes in a cancer condition?
- Difference between Tumor Marker Test and Genomics profiles?
- Does mCODE support ISCN nomenclature?
- How do I report new mCODE issues or feature requests?
- How is metastatic recurrence captured?
- How were the mCODE 1.0 contents scoped?
- How were the PrimaryCancerCondition diagnoses codes determined?
- What is the advantage of defining abstract profiles?
- What standards were considered in mCODE modeling?
- What was used to track comments and decisions prior to ballot?
- Where is the payer perspective represented in mCODE?
- Why did mCODE use MedicationStatement instead of MedicationRequest?
- Why was HistologyMorphologyBehavior modeled as one concept?
- KB Management
- Q's and How-To's
- mCODE and Research Standards
- mCODE Generic Playbook
- mCODE Profile Tour
- Knowledge Base - mCODE
- mCODE Community of Practice
- Community of Practice Charter
- CoP Participants - 2020
- Monthly Meeting Minutes
- 2020-11-20 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-10-30 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-09-25 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-08-28 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-07-31 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-06-26 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-05-29 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-04-24 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-03-27 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-02-28 CoP Meeting Notes
- 2020-01-24 CoP Meeting Notes
- CodeX Use Cases
- mCODE++ Extraction
- EHR Endpoints for Cancer Clinical Trials
- Integrated Trial Matching for Cancer Patients and Providers
- Cancer Registry Reporting
- Radiation Therapy Treatment Data for Cancer
- Oncology Clinical Pathways (OCP)
- Oncology Clinical Pathways: Prior Authorization Support
- CodeX Data Element / Profile / Value Set Analysis
- mCODE Test Data
- Community Tools
- Useful Resources
- Cancer Data Summit 2019
- Codex Program Plan July 2020 - July 2021
- CodeX 2020 Calendar
- No labels