Chair: Stan Huff
Scribe: Stan Huff
|Kurt Allen||Eir Solutions|
Minutes Approved as Presented
The detail proposed agenda is:
- Record this call
- Agenda review
- Review PSS and NIB Deadline Dates
- Need NIBs for Vital Signs, Skin and Wound, for Quantitative Lab, Breast Imaging
- Susan will work with Richard to file the needed NIBs
- Discuss the future direction of CIMI
- Creating "logical models" is hard
- FHIR Short Hand - it could help with consistency
- CIMI should be the home for needed enhancements to FISH
- Publish the core CIMI model
- How to share profiles across IGs?
- Agrees that consistency across IGs (FHIR and CDA) would provide important value. Needs to happen within HL7. Could work with standards governance board, quality assurance specifications.
- Less involvement in tooling
- Focus on CIMIs mission of semantic and/or plug-n-play interoperability - support an economy of semantic interoperable data and applications
- Creating a "logical model" that is consistent with FHIR is hard and hasn't seen uptake within the HL7 WGs
- Review and create consistency of FHIR IGs across domains and WGs
- Help develop DAMs and then verifying that the requirements in the DAMs are supported in the IG
- Creating the consistency across IGs is hard and a lot of work - do we have the commitment and resources to do this?
- Should CIMI work with FHIR to come up with governance, structure, road map, and process for development of coordinated and consistent IGs (Richard - better to do in CIMI or Logica?)
- Recommend that CIMI consider taking a somewhat larger perspective, addressing first the entire process/workflow for meeting HL7 clients/beneficiaries needs. They want authoritative Standard asap. It sounds like a number of the things being discussed (macros, templates, consistency, etc.) fall easily under the general headings of faster, better, simpler. In sum, model the current workflow for the end-to-end process of creating a Standard in response to a defined patient need. Apply all these options in accordance to the cost/benefit to simplifying and speeding that end-to-end process.
- Michael Waters
- Many ways that CIMI could inform the broader community.
- It is not easy to know where FHIR is being used, what IGs are actually being used
- Is it possible to somehow generate a map of which Resources have been profiled, and indexed and searchable so that you could analyze and harmonize different profiling efforts?
- Cross project WG - coordination across WGs; also work of Vocabulary WG to have FHIR representations be consistent with standard terminologies
- The ability to summarize the clinical content that is boiled down to just what a clinician - clinical essence - needs. Clinician friendly.
- Style guide
- FHIR IG consistency
- Consistent reuse of profiles across IGs
- Need tool (like unix "diff") to compare profiles
- Improved CIMI process
- Gary Dickinson
- Clinician burden work; authoring clinician enters and then rendered for another clinician to use; how is end to end context and fidelity maintained through that process?
- Are the models visible to the clinician so its characteristics and attributes can be understood by the clinician
- New version of Functional Model, data requirements overwhelm other content, could FM refer to a CIMI logical model?
- Clinicians are often overwhelmed by the sheer volume of data, need for recognizing duplicates, abilities to de-duplicate, and rationalize the data.
- Group consensus
- Enhancements to FISH
- What enhancements are needed?
- What plans does MITRE have for a next version?
- Who should own the work? What does the tooling group do?
- Consistency of profiles across IGs (Kurt and Richard to give a presentation about use of templates and macros to enhance consistency and reuse)
- How to share profiles in an easy way across IGs
- What is already being considered and by whom?
- What does CIMI do? How does CIMI fit into HL7 and FHIR? How do we work with the different WGs? How does this relate to Logica?
- Should CIMI work with FHIR to come up with governance, structure, road map, and process for development of coordinated and consistent IGs?
- Big picture review of CIMI processes with the goal of value, simplicity, speed. (as per Reed G.)
- Enhancements to FISH
- Any other business
Conference Call Information
HL7 CIMI Planning and Oversight meeting
United States: +1 (571) 317-3112
Access Code: 455-549-973