Pain is the most common symptom documented in healthcare. Many questions about the pain (qualifying observations) are also recorded such as pain quality, exacerbating factors, body location etc. This data needs to be standardly structured and encoded in order to gain knowledge about pain.
3c. Security Risk
3e. Objectives/Deliverables and Target Dates
1. Identify needed data elements and value sets used to document pain (completed by Nursing Knowledge Big Data Science Initiative)
2. Curate the needed terminology content with LOINC and SNOMED CT (in progress - target 8/30/2019).
2. Develop the Clinical Element Models (Target 9/31/2019)
3. Develop the FHIR profiles (Target 10/31/2019)
4. QA FHIR profiles within CIMI (Target 11/31/2019)
4. Collaborate with implementers to assit with FHIR enable their applications.
6. Pilot test
7. Ballot in Jan 2020