Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Report on Breast Radiology Ballot
- Report out MCode Ballot
- Sydney agenda
- Report out mCode Ballot
- Good turnout for the ballot- it passed
- 127- comments
Areas of comments
- alignment on other implementation guides
- genomics- the ballot took a simplified view of the genomic area. May defer some of this because it may take some time to complete.
- Will consider making two layers of models- one more advance than the other
- Lab Coding comments- Should we align directly with LOINC or align with commercial labs. The labs may have different panels using different codes.
- Use of FHIR- should we use extensions or components. Pushback on using extensions. Components may not give the results that are needed.
- Boundaries of mCode
- Failed to define detailed patterns of use. The IG is a laundry list of items but may not cover all of the information needed for some processes.
- If using US CORE. How to separate the US components from the others. May not care about everything that US CORE supports
- Doesn’t say who must support some elements
- The intent for the labs is to understand diagnosis but not test ordering.
- CIMI will look at the IG and suggest to include the labs that should be included.
- The oncology group would like to align with CCRF project for the cancer registries.
- Some of the code systems are not supported by IG publisher. The guide is incomplete where FHIR publisher will not print out the codes. Use of the NCI
- Wed 10am calls to go through Issues and defer some comments to STU 2.
Report on Breast Radiology Ballot – Richard
- Got good feedback on the ballot and received the answers they were looking for.
- Have about 30 NEG comments dealing with similar issues
- Comments made good cases on how to resolve issues.
- Will have a next ballot to include this information.
- Bron Kisler of NCI had a conversation about this topic and is getting information on SOLAR
- NCI Thesaurus is linked to SNOMED and unique. Move the content into SOLAR.
- Need to determine approach for harmonizing SOLAR and NCI Thesaurus.
- Get FHIR to support the NCI Thesaurus.
- Codes should place the terminologies into a FHIR compatible Terminology server rather than placing them directly into FHIR
- Ballot reconciliation will take place.
- Need a PSS for Lung and get it in process this cycle and will have a year to do the work
Need to place it on the CIC agenda
- There will be fewer people going due to travel funding.
- The Wed Q2 will remain on the schedule for Sydney.
Set goals, objectives or some context for this meeting.