Date: May 8, 2019

Quarter: Q1

Minutes Approved as Presented 

This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."


Business meeting to update:

  • Mission and Vision
  • Update the projects listed by HL7 as CIC
  • Three year vision

Discussion items

Review of projects assigned to CICLindsey Hoggle

Cancer Interoperability Richard Esmond

First six months was to establish the group, The most recent six months has been to start to align the content. Now is a good time to encourage additional participation from stakeholders.

Finalizing PSS now

Goal: Ballot Comment Only in September

See Confluence page (under development) for additional information

List serv? No outside list serv. Just emails between individuals. Richard feels that there is an opportunity for improvement. There is a Cancer interoperability website. Richard will move this data to Confluence. See action items.

Question as to whether to set up Cancer Interoperability as an incubator? This was proposed by Wayne Kubick. This group has merged with other groups that were also interested.  There is multiple stakeholders interested in this work. This is a topic for continued conversation.

Set up a cadence of reporting back of this project to CIC business meeting. Frequency monthly at 4pm either Tuesday to Thursday

Does this project need a quarter next WGM? Yes. There will also be focus in the connect-a-thon. Could that happen on Monday? Monday Q3 or Q4 would be good so that people can stay over from the connect-a-thon. . CIMI, II WG invite to also attend. Expect 20-25 attendees.

Need to engage the clinical community but this is a different focus from the technical meeting. Currently work with Clinical Thought Leaders to receive the voice of the customer. What is the best way to engage this group with HL7 in a more formal manner? Having multiple clinician attendees may not allow for meaningful engagement. Maybe the path is Clinician Champion? The group will brainstorm and continue this conversation on the monthly Cancer Interoperability business meetings. 

Action items

  • Richard R. Esmond will update the Confluence page and add content that is on the website to this page. Also he will link the website to confluence and vice versa. Also will update the HL7 calendar to reflect meetings.

  • Richard R. Esmond will send an email to the CIC List Serv to update on the communication plan
  • Lindsey Hoggle will set the monthly meeting for Cancer Interoperability to meet with CIC business
  • Russell Leftwich will reserve a room for 20-25 for Monday Q3 or Q4 at the September 2019 WGM.