Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  Russell Leftwich

Scribe: Lindsey Hoggle   

Join Zoom Meeting:  NOTE NEW ZOOM LINE FOR ALL CIC CALLS

                       https://zoom.us/j/8033561462

                       Meeting ID: 803 356 1462

                       One tap mobile

                      +16465588656,,8033561462# US (New York)

                      +16699009128,,8033561462# US (San Jose)

                      Meeting ID: 803 356 1462

                     Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ackXZRoYnK

                     PLEASE USE COMPUTER AUDIO FROM ZOOM.      

NOTE: This attendance applies if you are present at the related meeting/call, regardless if you have signed a different attendance for your WG.

Attendees

Present

Name

Affiliation

XIntermountain             
XHealth Project Partners 
XIntersystems

Pfizer



Enable Care
    MaxMD

CDISC

Lantana
  



JP Systems
X

PJM Consulting

MaxMD
   X Altarum

Stratametrics, LLC

Caroline Potteiger

PCPI

@Paul SevilleCerner


   Mitre

@Anita WaldenOHSU
    

@James Tcheng





Kevin Baskin
     X 
      @Karen Thullen
      Gary Dickinson
     Susan Matney
     XJohn Donnelly


Agenda Topics

Agenda Item

 Discussion and Responsibilities

Minutes and Decision LinkAction Items
 Minutes Approval (3 minutes)

Request to approve by consensus. 

2020-09-10 CIC Conference Call

2020-08-27 CIC Conference Call

Minutes approved by consensus (Russ/Craig)



Review of Agenda/Key HL7 Deadlines/Business Tasks

2020 Schedule/Calendar

All HL7 Calendars (Confluence) 

(10 minutes)

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/ANSI+Standards+approaching+expiration

  • STUs Expiring in the Next 6 Months

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/STUs+Expiring+in+Next+6+Months

  • Upcoming PSS and NIB Deadline Dates for Future Ballot Cycles

(All deadline dates can be seen on the new Balloting, Content Submission, Voting, and Working Group Meeting Schedules on Confluence at:

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/HL7+Calendars)




Project Report-outs 

(10 minutes)


mCODE (May Terry)  Mark Kramer

Target Dates:    

Normative ballot: Jan 2022   

Publication Request: Feb 2022   

Receive ANSI approval/Project end: April 2022



Update: 

Confirm May 2021 for STU ballot vs Target Dates from PSS.

Past Update: 

Mark presented ppt. Working on CODEX Accelerator Project - moved from development to adoption phase.

Covered Use Cases: 

  1. EHR Endpoints for Clinical Trials
  2. Empowering Patients to Find Clinical Trials
  3. Registry Reporting
  4. Oncology Clinical Pathways Navigation

They have been exploring ways to document provenance. Timeline of mCODE from 2018-2021 presented.  

Working on Conformance Definitions. Working to make it functionally testable.  Also need to allow different providers for mCODE.  Different types of providers to have different sets of information. Much frustration with the "must support" - not consistent across IGs. Conformance WG is working on defining elements as: mandatory, required, Requiredbutempty, NotSupported, etc.

Second part is Performance Testing; using Community Edition of Inferno.

Established a Knowledge Base (in Confluence) for FAQ, etc. 

They have profile tour - breaks down profiles one by one with details not found in the IG. 

CIC activity on mCODE is quiet; next balloting may be likely STU ballots in May 2021.



(10 minutes)

VANGUARD (Stan Huff Richard R. Esmond Julia Skapik Kevin Baskin) (Marti Velezis)

Target Dates:

Informative: N/A
STU: Jan 2021
Normative: Sept 2022

Update:  May not meet Jan 2021 ballot; move it to May 2021.  UPdate on fourth Thursday.

Reflect name via FMG below.

Past Update:

Marti - Look at FHIR IG to get a vote on that today. Kevin in attendance to discuss scope. Moving forward for analysis of data elements.  

Kevin - Just received permission from FDA to house registry network in FDA HIVE.  This supports a secure data exchange/research for multiple stakeholders.  They are working on disseminating to use DELPHI Process to engage international community in this domain.

Working on coordinating with other vascular CRN so that there is not duplication or ambiguity and that they have a unified approach. 

Question was on change to the name and the scope of the IG.  What particular diseases are included? Kevin - Originally the name was VANGUARD CRN, then the changes.  Not all use of vocabulary will be in structured reports.  This is about the body the device is in and efforts to avoid adverse events for body based on the devices. 

Discussion around scope and delimitation for vascular access: THere is a long list of things that can happen to vessels due to have a foreign body or procedure done to them.  These need to be addressed somewhere; include injury to the lining of the vessels; clots, infiltration of vessel of the wall, edema or fibrosis or injury to the tissues that surround the vessels.  When IV devices are delivering agents that cause irritation or injury; leakage into surrounding tissues.  This is a broad array of diseases and their effects from the devices. There will be overlap about vascular efforts, and collaboration with others is necessary. 

Are we creating a library of items, that we will have profiles ready.  Is this structured data or structured profiles.  Structured Data can be in the report, in the exchange or the API.  There is concern is anyone looking for this IG, will be looking for VANGUARD product. Discussion on use of the word VANGUARD in the IG, rather than the alternate name.  Intent was it to be a "nondenominational" name that is not bound by a medical society or organization.

URL will be VANGUARD CRN.  Present name is: Intravascular Access and Related Vascular Disease.

Need something to describe the work products: "Structured Data". 

Decision: will take VANGUARD IG to FHIR Management Group - The intent is that VANGUARD would be the authoritative voice for Intravascular guidance. VANGUARD CRN is a 501-3c non-profit. All of the different groups were part of forming VANGUARD. Aligns well with the domain of professional expertise knowledge expertise rather than aligning with a business entity. 

Motion to accept the FHIR IG Proposal with the following names, in order of priority:

1. VANGUARD CRN 2. VANGUARD CRN: Intravascular Access and Related Vascular Disease 3. Intravascular Access and Related Vascular Disease CRN
Motion carried with 4:0:0. 



(10 minutes)

Complete STU1 Reconciliation /Request Publication:  Jan 2020 WGM

Submit for STU2 Ballot: Sep 2020

Complete STU2 Reconciliation/Request Publication:  Jan 2021 WGM

Update:  Ballot 110 issues 

Preliminary Triage - about half could address immediately (typos, etc.) Block vote pending.

Working through the other issues on project conference calls. Concerns of policy; decision tree, scope. All in-person resolutions soon. 

Not sure of conversations on calls for 60+ issues. May be able to get Publication Request in by end of year.  As a foundational IG, desire to complete as soon as possible, but no official deadline.

Da Vinci HRex 0.2.0 STU 1 2nd Ballot


Past Update:  

HRex e-vote for the FHIR HRex ballot for September 2020 WGM was conducted from 8/4/2020 to 8/11/2020 and it was approved 5:0:0.


(10 minutes)

CCRF (Anita Walden @Jimmy Tcheng)

Update:


Past Update: 




(10 minutes)

Pain Assessment Project (Susan Matney)

Skin and Wound Project (Susan Matney)

Update:

Nursing Knowledge Big Data Initiative; FHIR R4 IG complete.

Podiatry Work Plan to achieve January ballot 2021; is not full ballot. 

Pain Assessment:  Susan has many vendors to standardize it to use it.  Cannot go to ballot until there is a Connectathon.  FHIR Profiles are to be completed by October 30, 2020. 

CIC needs clarifications on Pain Assessment Work. 

Unclear on Connectathon. Excellent Pain Assessment.  They have 8-10 Patient Scales that are in LOINC.  Need to determine if FHIR work is only the area that Pain Assessment can be published. Podiatry wants to implement it in their systems, which does not involve FHIR.



U.S. CDI R2 ReviewUSCDI ONDEC Recommendations from CIC (Sept 2020)  

No recommendations sent to HL7.

New deadline for PAC is October 13/ONC deadline is October 23.

Will check with Anita for tobacco terms.


September Working Group Meeting Update








Next Meetings
  • Fourth Thursday, October 22nd  2-3 PM EST




Adjournment  Adjourned at  p.m. EST

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval