The EBMonFHIR project Has Greatly Expanded in Response to COVID-19 Related Demands
For Current and Detailed information go to COVID-19 Knowledge Accelerator at:
for more information about meeting times and current projects.
Contact email@example.com for feedback or facilitation for getting involved.
EBMonFHIR Project Information
- The Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Resources for Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) Knowledge Assets project (EBMonFHIR) was approved on May 16, 2018 as an HL7 project.
- FHIR SOLVES INTEROPERABILITY FOR PATIENT DATA
• Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) is an HL7 standard
• Developed by US government (ONC, CDC, AHRQ, FDA, NIH, CMS), other
governments, healthcare systems, payers (UHC, Aetna, etc), EHRs (Cerner, Epic,
Allscripts, etc.), industry – all agreeing how to do it as a standard
- EBMonFHIR is sponsored by the Clinical Decision Support Work Group and co-sponsored by the Clinical Quality Information Work Group and Biomedical Research and Regulation Work Group.
- The goal of EBMonFHIR is to provide interoperability (standards for data exchange) for those producing, analyzing, synthesizing, disseminating and implementing clinical research (evidence) and recommendations for clinical care (clinical practice guidelines).
- You can contact Brian Alper, the project lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There was an EBMonFHIR track at eight HL7 Connectathons: Baltimore September 2018, San Antonio January 2019, Montreal May 2019, Atlanta September 2019, Sydney February 2020, virtually May 2020, virtually January 2021, and virtually May 2021.
- Project Scope Statement
Introduction Video to EBMonFHIR and COVID-19 Knowledge Accelerator Project for the January 2021 Connectathon (Recorded on Dec 14, 2020)
The EBMonFHIR group has expanded to the Covid-19 Knowledge Accelerator Initiative with the following weekly schedule (Last updated July 25, 2022):
Project Management Working Group
Usability Research Project Working Group
Eligibility Criteria Working Group
Common Metadata Framework Working Group
Research Design Working Group
Knowledge Ecosystem Liaison Working Group
Statistic Standard and Terminology Working Group
Terminology and Ontology Working Group
Computable EBM Tools Development Working Group
EBM Decision Map Working Group
Project Management Working Group
Risk of Bias Terminology and Tooling Working Group
Communications (Awareness, Scholarly Publications) WG
You are welcome to join us!
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
For all of the above meetings: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
+1 929-346-7156 United States, New York City (Toll)
Conference ID: 324 918 025#
Meeting support by Computable Publishing LLC
- Evidence Resource
- Statistic DataType
- OrderedDistribution DataType
- EBMonFHIR working Agenda
- Working Instructions for EBMonFHIR Working Group
- Changes being made to the FHIR Clinical Reasoning module (email us for edit access)
- Open Consortial Projects to Advance Healthcare Decision Making with Technology (Document)
- Chlorpromazine vs. Placebo Example Resources (JSON Tree Writer)
- Evidence Data Entry Form (PREVIEW)
- EBMonFHIR document for the Annual MCBK meeting
- EBMonFHIR Google Drive
- EvidenceVariable resource on build.fhir.org
- Group resource in FHIR
Blank Resources (Templates)
- Blank Evidence Resource Entry Form (JSON Tree Writer)
- Blank EvidenceVariable Resource Entry Form (JSON Tree Writer)
- Blank Group Resource Entry Form (JSON Tree Writer)
- Blank EvidenceReport Entry Form (For the COVID-19 Knowledge Accelerator project) (JSON Tree Writer)
- Blank Citation Entry Form (For the COVID-19 Knowledge Accelerator project) (JSON Tree Writer)
Patients with Stroke Alteplase vs. Placebo
- Evidence Bundle (65 resources): (XML), (JSON), (JSON Tree Writer, takes a couple minutes to load)
- EvidenceVariable Bundle (10 resources): (XML), (JSON), (JSON Tree Writer)
- ActivityDefinition Bundle (1 resource): (XML), (JSON), (JSON Tree Writer)
- Group Bundle (75 resources): (XML), (JSON), (JSON Tree Writer, takes a couple minutes to load)