Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 CDAMG Minutes

Location: online!

Date:

Time: 1:00 PM Eastern

FacilitatorLisaNote Taker(s)Linda

Attendance:

PresentName
  •  
Lisa R. Nelson
  •  

Brett Marquard

  •  

Jean Duteau

  •  

Rick Geimer

  •  

Giorgio Cangioli

  •  
Emma Jones
  •  
Linda Michaelsen
  •  

Andrew Statler 

Regrets

  •  

Yan Heras

  •  

Raychelle Fernandez

Quorum: Co-Chair +3

Guest(s): 

Natasha Kreisle

Didi Davis


Agenda (with Integrated Minutes)

STANDING BUSINESS

  • Attendance Review
  • Approve Minutes of 2020-08-26 Meeting Notes 
    • Approved by consent
  • Approval Requests
  • Update on C-CDA Web IG Publishing Pilot
    • RED Status
    • Awareness about where the pilot will take us and where it won't take us.
      • Narrative first package QA'ed
      • Next package scheduled for delivery, not delivered
      • Date to finish QA is September 18th
      • Check on project timeline with Wayne - may be alignment issues between development and QA;  maybe delays with IG publisher, etc
      • QA work is a subset to detect repeating issues and fix or identify manual labor needed to finish after transform to have CCDA templates represent what is in  CCDA now.
      • Lantana intends to maintain Trifolia until new tooling is available
      • How to we track status of this project clearly?   Suggest having Courtney explain project status to CDA MG.
      • Natasha and Lisa drafted a PSS for CDA Management Group to work through new tooling and decisions on how it affects CDA product line, example
        • new validator in IG publishing with new errors,
        • what are manual things like primitives,
        • quality criteria
      • Lisa to send out to WG the draft of PSS described above
      • Need to talk to Cross Community Workgroup to discuss how we align across standards.
      • Georgio suggested considering web based publication needs.  Lisa suggested looking at IG Quality Criteria project - balloted and ready for publishing
        • Rick suggested we should look at FHIR Quality Criteria for FHIR IG's.
    • Consider WG Agenda Topic to require all CDA IGs need to be produced with new Web IG Publishing. - Not discussed
  • Update on C-CDA IAT - October 21(Lisa)
    • Save the Date - went out this morning
    • Call for topics is out, Reply by Sept 15th, plans so far:
      • USCDI and how it relates to Companion Guide/Conditions of Certification - Matt Rahn, Majority of the time
      • Linda - update topic: Payer Section
      • David Riddle - update topic - Provenance resources C-CDA to FHIR
      • Carequality/Commonwell - Joe Lamy (Lisa)
      • Swapna - Clinical Notes/DocumentReference.category
      • Use Case Creation for CDA IGs - inform quality criteria for CDA IGs
      • Reach out to John D and Didi (Lisa).
        • Didi will talk to CareEquality and see what they might do
      • Comparing International (IPS) templates to CCDA Georgio Cangioli
    • Should we talk to IHE about aligning with them on their connectathon, question to Didi 
    • How to address follow-ups - Not discussed
      • Can Ben updated the schema
      • How to record a requested Rubric Rule
  • Work on Conversion of CDA Comments to JIRA (Andrew)
    • Update from Andrew via email to CDA MG
    • Are we meeting with Melva.  Andrew sent email to Melva, meeting next week
      • Raychelle will email Melva to see if we can be included in the calls for communication
    • How do Informative Guides get included in JIRA? Not discussed
  • Roadmap Planning (Lisa) 
    • Update on where we stand, goals for Sept WG Meeting  
    • Quality Plan 
      • Lisa, Brett and Linda to prep next week
      • Please review and send comments to Lisa.  
      • Can enter comments directly into Google Drive Documents
      • Need to do for next three years
  • Next Meeting (Working Group): Monday September 21st 4-6pm ET
    • Cancelled CDA MG WGM on September 23rd
    • How do we get added to Whova? Let Mary Ann/Dave Hamill know - Lisa N
  • Agenda Planning for WG meeting
    • Focus will be Roadmap, Quality Plan, JIRA, 
    • Discuss the future for CDA Web IG Publishing
    • CCDA templates by other WG?  Discuss if continue or defer till FHIR tooling available or drop.
    • CCDA alignment with FHIR, may involve many WGs, example Primary vs Principal Diagnosis, Value Set alignment

Adjourned:  2pm by Lisa

PROJECT REPORT OUTS: 


Scheduled Reviews:

DateProjectWhoResources for Review

Use of Structure Definition

Rick

Jean

Lisa


NEXT STEPS:

Working to transform C-CDA R2.1 into new Web IG Publishing (QA of some templates delivered so far)

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




C-CDA

Update Releases


Brett

Lisa

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Depends on new CDA IG Web Publishing capability



 C-CDA

Errata Releases

Brett

Lisa

NEXT STEPS:

Review the current Errata Release Checklist.

OPEN ISSUES:

Can official Errata Releases be prepared by SDWG in the mean time? - discuss at Sept WG meeting


NOTES:




Quality Plan

Lisa

Brett

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Backed up behind ballot for Quality Criteria.  Plan is coming along. (and Roadmap updates)


9/9

C-CDA Implementation-A-Thon

Lisa

Linda

Raychelle

NEXT STEPS:

  • Call for presenters for October 21, 2020 C-CDA IAT (closes September 15, 2020)

OPEN ISSUES:

  • Plan for 2020 needs to be solidified with Dave Hamill - Discuss at Sept WG meeting
  • Follow-up on Actions from July 2020 IAT


GroupingItemResponsible personStatus 
Life and Death in C-CDA

Add rubric for to check that a patient's name is not changed (using any scheme) to indicate a patient is deceased

John D'AmoreBrett will working with John through Examples Task Force.
Life and Death in C-CDA

Create gold-standard example of problem list containing pregnancy information

John D'AmoreBrett will working with John through Examples Task Force.
Payer Section in C-CDA Documents

Determine where payer identifiers should go in the document and represent with gold-standard example

Linda MichaelsenLinda will continue to advance this need and potential solutions.
Payer Section in C-CDA DocumentsConvey support for the new identifier extensionLisa NelsonLisa Informed SDWG of the need to work on approving and executing this extension.
Extending CDA to add more useful identifiers

Update the Companion Guide to add guidance on using the new extension. 

Lisa NelsonLisa will complete following creation of the extension.
Extending CDA to add more useful identifiers

Determine real-world use cases and develop gold-standard examples - e.g. payer identifiers

Lisa Nelson

Jean Duteau

Should  Lisa do this in working with SDWG?

Implementation Considerations

When Generating C-CDA Encounter

Summary and Patient Summary Documents

Develop guidance for the Companion Guide around when summary documents are exchanged.

Joe LamyLisa will reach out to Joe to determine timeframes for guidance from Carequality/CommonWell.
Implementing Clinical Notes

Seek clarification from the ONC to update Companion Guide to include more concise guidance on use of Clinical Notes


Emma JonesEmma - can you write up a request of specific questions that need to be addressed/answered?
Implementing Clinical NotesWork with Regenstrief on LOINC Codes for Laboratory Reports and Pathology ReportsLisaLisa Initiated conversation with Regenstrief. Out of band meeting planned for later in August.
Implementing Clinical Notes

Develop gold-standard examples for each supported USCDI note type (e.g. Consultation Note, Discharge Summary Note, etc.)

Emma JonesEmma can you drive this in Examples Task Force?

Mapping Author Participation Information to 

FHIR US CDI Resources Derived from C-CDA Documents

Engage with SDWG and Patient Care to clarify how this work can move forward.

Perhaps initially focusing on smaller problems to solve

David RiddleLisa Initiated meetings with PCWG 8/6 following up on 8/13.

NOTES:


CDA Base Standard

Lisa

Brett


NEXT STEPS:

  • Working with Calvin to draft an educational webinar that provides an overview of "what's new in CDA R2.1"
  • Will review progress at the 2020 Sept WG meeting

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:





Maturity Model

Brett

Rick

Artifact created:

NEXT STEPS:

  • Implementing this after cutting over to use the FHIR IG publishing mechanisms.

OPEN ISSUES:

Agreed this should be utilized after going to Structured Definition.  SDWG would need to apply the Criteria. Could we get feedback at the IAT to apply the rating? Do we need a checklist to help the decision makers to assign the maturity model.

Would need to work with SDWG as the owner of C-CDA templates, to apply it to their templates.  

NOTES:


9/9

Jira Implementation

Andrew

Linda

Raychelle

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

  • Revisit after February Meeting

NOTES:

Andrew is advancing this sending Wayne what he needs. HL7 supporting this conversion. This is a go via orders from Wayne.




IG RegistryLisa

NEXT STEPS:

  • Working on a list and process to gather accurate information - real-time recording

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:



Cross Workgroup Templates Pilot

Lisa

Linda

NEXT STEPS:

  • Lisa is comparing IPS to C-CDA for Problem Concern and Allergy Concern - update provided
    • Some progress comparing to IPS - reported to PC WG
  • Linda is working with FM and other on this actively.
  • Kai to help with Medication Templates. - No action

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES




Value Set Process and UTG support

Lisa

Brett

NEXT STEPS:

  • This is being worked with Ted Klein and the Vocabulary WG

OPEN ISSUES:

Topic for Sept WG Meeting: Missing FunctionalStatus VS - Sept WG meeting

NOTES:

Need alignment of Vocabulary binding

Harmonization of Value Sets in aligned data models/USCDI v1.



ADDITIONAL TOPICS 

  • KEY GOALS BEFORE September WG
    • JIRA Migration Plan communication of roll-out
    • Quality Plan communication of roll-out
    • Roadmap update
  • CMG Membership and interest in participation - update CMG objectives and Home Page content
  • Annual items:
    • Term voting, Co-chair confirmations  - July
    • Current member term renewal pattern
      • Even Years: Brett, Jean, Raychelle, Yan, Emma 
      • Odd Years: Lisa, Linda, Rick, 

Meeting Outcomes

Summary of Votes/Key Decisions

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Action items