Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 CDAMG Minutes

Location: online!

Date:

Time: 1:00 PM Eastern

FacilitatorBrettNote Taker(s)Lisa

Attendance:

PresentName
  •  
Lisa R. Nelson
  •  

Brett Marquard

  •  

Jean Duteau (will be late)

  •  

Rick Geimer (regrets)

  •  

International Opening

  •  
EHR Representative Replacing George Dixon
  •  
Linda Michaelsen
  •  
Andrew Statler
  •  

Yan Heras

  •  
Raychelle Fernandez

Quorum: Co-Chair +3

Guest(s): 

Emma Jones

Didi Davis



Agenda (with Integrated Minutes)

STANDING BUSINESS

  • Attendance Review
  • Approve Minutes of 2020-05-06 CDAMG Meeting Minutes
    • Approve by Consensus
  • Approval Requests
    • Extend publication of C-CDA R2.1 Advance Directives Supplement
      • Move to approve contingent on SDWG approving the extension (Andrew/Linda) 5-0-0
  • Update on C-CDA IAT (Lisa)
    • To be held as a virtual event on 7/22

    • Need to confirm if this will be a half-day or full-day event
    • ** New ** Implementer-Led Topics
    • Topic Plan to date:
      • (confirmed) Andrew Statler - Cerner Corporation - Topic: "Use-case Driven Implementation Guides for C-CDA"
      • (confirmed) John D'Amore - Diameter Health - Topic: "Life and Death in C-CDA"
        • Documenting death in C-CDA. Specifically examples of how death status may be recorded (both in mortality indicator but also discharge disposition code within an encounter) and time
        • Documenting a reason for death, which would could likely link to COVID-19 examples
        • Documenting how a mother gives birth and creating a reference to the child in C-CDA
        • Documenting how a mother is no longer pregnant after giving birth
          • Preference toward the Death topics if scope needs to be trimmed.
      • (confirmed) Emma Jones - Allscripts - Topic: "Implementing Clinical Notes Sections in C-CDA Documents"
      • (unconfirmed) David Riddle - Cerner Corporation - Topic: "Implementing Provenance --Author Participation in C-CDA Documents (and considerations for transforming data between C-CDA and FHIR"
      • (unconfirmed) Joe Lamy - CommonWell/Carequality Joint WG - Topic: "Implementation Considerations When Generating C-CDA Encounter Summary Documents"
      • (Confirmed) Raychelle Fernandez - Dynamic Health IT - Topic: TBD - some sort of review of issues discovered from consuming a diverse collection of C-CDA documents - Consume and Share Documents
        • Who could help collect sample documents?
          • HIE's, John D'Amore, Didi Davis
          • DiDi has over 9000 documents that have test data, but they can't be shared.
            • We would have to encourage folks to participate
            • In order to participate in the track you have to be present and you have to bring documents to share.  - A working Session. Can be any of the USCDI named documents
            • What are the issues when ingesting these documents.
      • Other possible Informative Topics:
        • Perspectives on Progress and Continuous Improvement/Raising the Bar for C-CDA Documents - Didi Davis-Sequoia Project (REC), Wendy Talbot (NCQA), Matt Rahn (ONC)
        • IPS Topic - might be led by Rob, Giorgio and/or Lori
      • Feedback: 
        • Wanted more break-out time to dig into doing things, and getting into documents.  We would need to extend the amount of time do more hands on
        • Splitting the time might help for handling time zone differences 1/2 day morning, 1/2 day afternoon.
        • 1/2 days help participants balance the tug between day-job and being at the IAT.
        • Adoption of IPS is a topic of interest.  They might want to organize a session around this.  They might want to organize this.  
        • Cerner is interested in also focusing on International perspectives, so IPS is relevant
        • There is and IHE IPS publication that includes vocabulary constraints to make IPS actionable (Lori, Giorgio, Rob Hausam)
          • EU time works for 8am - noon.
    • Promotion:  Save the Date going out this week
      • July 22nd
      • Pricing
        • Full Day $149 member, $199 non-member
        • Half Day $49 member, $99 non-member 
      • Marketing List is growing
      • How to attract members of SHEIC?
      • How to ensure strong EHR Representation?
    • Input on Dates for September/Oct, given FHIR Connectathon is scheduled in September 9-11 (WG 9/21-24) - Save for next time CMG meets.
  • Update on JIRA Project within HL7 and impact to CMG JIRA team (Andrew/Linda/Raychelle)
    • Team met with Melva and got metadata files that can get loaded at our own pace to collect feedback
    • The files allow us to draft what IGs will be listed in which area 
    • We have the flexibility to add IGs into this workflow at our own pace
      • Question:  How to map deeper into the files to see what "parts" we want to allow people to make comments about?
      • Propose: Keep commenting at the IG level to start
        • This is most similar to what we do today (STU Comments are made on the IG)
        • Could we call out value sets in the meta data so you could Comment on the Value Sets, could value sets always be "a thing"?
        • Need to look at what would be possible
      • Next Steps: Can we look at possibilities on 6/17?
  • Use of Structure Definition - Deferred to next meeting.
    • Scope of templates to be included/excluded (Action owed to Wayne to confirm scope)
  • Membership 
    • Jean confirmed the process to place an interim person
      • Members of the various Product Management Groups are appointed by the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) from candidates recommended by the SGB.
      • Our next step is to propose candidates 
      • If Alex and Giorgio both decline, Jean can ask at the International Council meeting
    • Call for candidates
      • EHR stakeholder to replace George (Emma mentioned on prior call willingness to fill remainder of his term) - until Sept 2021.
        • Timing might be a challenge every other week, but Emma is willing to accept this appointment.
        • Motion to graciously and enthusiastically embrace Emma's willingness to take George's slot (Lisa/Jean/Andrew/Raychelle) 6-0-0
      • International replacement for Kai - waiting to hear from Alex or Giorgio

Adjourned:  

PROJECT REPORT OUTS: 


Scheduled Reviews:

DateProjectWhoResources for Review
6/17Use of Structure Definition

Rick

Jean

Kai

NEXT STEPS:

Review the Path Forward

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Sent email to wayne



Update C-CDA


Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Waiting on contract to proceed with template move.  



 C-CDA R2.1

Errata Releases

Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:

Review the current Errata Release Checklist.

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




Quality PlanLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Backed up behind ballot for Quality Criteria.  Plan is coming along..


6/3

C-CDA Implementation-A-ThonGeorge

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:

  • Plan for 2020 needs to be solidified with Dave Hamill

NOTES:

Key focus on 2/26 - decide if San Antonio will have a CDA IAT

Could do more to get federal partners.


CDA Base Standard

NEXT STEPS:

  • Still in ANSI waiting period. Check back after 12/1

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




Maturity ModelBrett/Rick

Artifact created:

NEXT STEPS:

  • Implementing this after cutting over to use the FHIR IG publishing mechanisms.

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Agreed this should be utilized after going to Structured Definition.  SDWG would need to apply the Criteria. Could we get feedback at the IAT to apply the rating? Do we need a checklist to help the decision makers to assign the maturity model.

Would need to work with SDWG as the owner of C-CDA templates, to apply it to their templates.  


6/3

Jira ImplementationLinda

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

  • Revisit after February Meeting

NOTES:

Andrew is advancing this sending Wayne what he needs. HL7 supporting this conversion. This is a go via orders from Wayne.




Templates RegistryLisa

NEXT STEPS:

On HOLD - should the Roadmap indicate this is not feasible with the current tooling?

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Does moving to FHIR tooling help create a registry. - Not really.  

Could the registering of templates help get Templates into Registry.FHIR.org.  has a template Registry - Need to bring this up with FHIR-I.  This needs to go to HL7 - Need follow-up with Wayne to have this discussion.  Would be good to automate this....make a tracker item to FHIR-I to start the discussion after getting Wayne on board with the request.


Cross Workgroup Templates PilotLisa

NEXT STEPS:

  • Lisa is comparing IPS to C-CDA for Problem Concern and Allergy Concern - update provided
  • Lisa will train Linda for FM templates. - update provided
  • Kai to help with Medication Templates. - No action

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES




Value Set Process and UTG supportLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

  • This is being worked with Ted Klein and the Vocabulary WG

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Update to come after hearing from Vocab.



ADDITIONAL TOPICS 

  • KEY GOALS BEFORE September WG - Ongoing to update for Quality Plan and roll-out
  • CMG Membership and interest in participation
  • Annual items:
    • Term voting  - July

      Meeting Outcomes

      Summary of Votes/Key Decisions

      Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

      Action items