Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 CDAMG Minutes

Location: online!

Date:

Time: 1:00 PM Eastern

FacilitatorBrettNote Taker(s)Lisa

Attendance:

PresentName
  •  
Lisa R. Nelson
  •  

Brett Marquard

  •  

Jean Duteau

  •  

Rick Geimer

  •  

Dr. Kai U. Heitmann

  •  
Linda Michaelsen
  •  
Andrew Statler
  •  

Yan Heras

  •  
Raychelle Fernandez

Quorum: Co-Chair +3

Guest(s): 

Didi Davis

Gay Dolin

Ozlem Kurt

Matt Rahn




Agenda (with Integrated Minutes)

STANDING BUSINESS

  • Attendance Review
  • Approve Minutes of 2020-04-22 CDAMG Meeting Minutes
    • Approved by consensus
  • Approval Requests
    • Decision to publish the C-CDA Scorecard Rubric Document (Gay)
      • CDA MG Feedback.docx
      • CDA_IG_C-CDA_RUBRIC_CRIT_R1_O1_2020_APR.docx
      • We will capture Raychelle's comments, but Brett is uncomfortable to create a new "comment collection" process in the confluence page for the project.
      • Matt stated that the project intends to take comments in from implementers come
      • Brett's concern is derailing the emerging JIRA issue tracking process
      • Raychelle agreed she will hold her comments and enter them in Jira once that new process is running
        • The eVote had been tabled (this kills it)
      • Vote to approve the publication request:  (Andrew/Raychelle)   7-0-0 
    • Publication Request and Pre-Publication - Basic Provenance - Brett (CDA and FHIR IG)
      • Brett reported some comments from the FHIR Management Group - commented on some things were done wrong....but that wasn't the time to provide comments like that.
      • There are CDA Templates in the IG, Conformance constraints.
      • This is an informative IG
      • The Assembler template only lives in this informative IG
      • Motion to approve request (Lisa/Andrew) 6-0-0
  • Discuss ideas for moving forward with C-CDA IAT (Lisa)
    • Next IAT on 5/20
    • Virtual 1/2 day from noon ET - 5:00pm ET
    • Confluence Site Started: May 20th IAT Confluence Page
    • Current Registrations CCDA_IAT_2020May_20200505.xlsx
    • Didi has plugged it twice on the CommonWell/Carequality Joint Content WG
    • Didi mentioned the HL7 Twitter Feed had not been used to promote the C-CDA IAT - Brett is following up with Dave Hamill to request.
    • Lisa asked Matt Rahn what ONC was doing to promote participation—Matt was already gone.
    • Lisa reminded that the topics will be implementer led starting in 
    • Rachelle asked how many HIEs are coming?  
      • Reported issue - HIEs are taking in C-CDA R2.1 documents and then aggregating information and producing C-CDA R1.1 documents to share this information with other systems.
        • Didi mentioned that C-CDA R2.1 (Fix your errors by 4/30/2021) is required by the Sequoia Community (eHealthExchange).
        • Issue - Vendors may have it in their roadmap to support C-CDA R2.1
        • Issue - Customer may not want to update to C-CDA R2.1
        • Issue - This practice is reducing the data quality
        • Didi said, some HIEs don't even know the difference between C-CDA R2.1 and  R1.1
        • Didi will introduce SHIEC  to Lisa and Brett so we can promote there as well  (

          https://strategichie.com/ )

  • Update on JIRA Project within HL7 and impact to CMG JIRA team
    • Nothing to report
  • Use of Structure Definition - latest status
    • Contract was signed; Internal kick-off on 5/7
    • Working by Section, and includes the required entries and optional entries
    • Scope will include all C-CDA R2.1 templates
    • Brett - questioned again, why we would do the DIR templates too?
      • Rick - suggesting discussing this on another call, so there is time to make this adjustment.  This work would not be scheduled to start until the fall.
      • Brett - Fuzzy on our Role - Action: Clarify the role of CMG in this project
  • Membership - Save for June 3rd.
    • Announcement
    • Jean confirmed the process to place an interim person
      • Members of the various Product Management Groups are appointed by the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) from candidates recommended by the SGB.
      • Our next step is to propose candidates 
    •  Kai suggested we consider an international replacement for him on CMG. 
    • Call for candidates
      • EHR stakeholder to replace George (Emma mentioned on prior call willingness to fill remainder of his term)
      • International replacement for Kai
  • Prior motion to cancel CMG on May 20th (Lisa/Linda) 7-0-0

Adjourned:  

PROJECT REPORT OUTS: 


Scheduled Reviews:

DateProjectWhoResources for Review
5/6Use of Structure Definition

Rick

Jean

Kai

NEXT STEPS:

Review the Path Forward

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Sent email to wayne



Update C-CDA


Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Waiting on contract to proceed with template move.  



 C-CDA R2.1

Errata Releases

Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:

Review the current Errata Release Checklist.

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




Quality PlanLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Backed up behind ballot for Quality Criteria.  Plan is coming along..



C-CDA Implementation-A-ThonGeorge

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:

  • Plan for 2020 needs to be solidified with Dave Hamill

NOTES:

Key focus on 2/26 - decide if San Antonio will have a CDA IAT

Could do more to get federal partners.


CDA Base Standard

NEXT STEPS:

  • Still in ANSI waiting period. Check back after 12/1

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




Maturity ModelBrett/Rick

Artifact created:

NEXT STEPS:

  • Implementing this after cutting over to use the FHIR IG publishing mechanisms.

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Agreed this should be utilized after going to Structured Definition.  SDWG would need to apply the Criteria. Could we get feedback at the IAT to apply the rating? Do we need a checklist to help the decision makers to assign the maturity model.

Would need to work with SDWG as the owner of C-CDA templates, to apply it to their templates.  


5/6

Jira ImplementationLinda

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

  • Revisit after February Meeting

NOTES:

Andrew is advancing this sending Wayne what he needs. HL7 supporting this conversion. This is a go via orders from Wayne.




Templates RegistryLisa

NEXT STEPS:

On HOLD - should the Roadmap indicate this is not feasible with the current tooling?

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Does moving to FHIR tooling help create a registry. - Not really.  

Could the registering of templates help get Templates into Registry.FHIR.org.  has a template Registry - Need to bring this up with FHIR-I.  This needs to go to HL7 - Need follow-up with Wayne to have this discussion.  Would be good to automate this....make a tracker item to FHIR-I to start the discussion after getting Wayne on board with the request.


Cross Workgroup Templates PilotLisa

NEXT STEPS:

  • Lisa is comparing IPS to C-CDA for Problem Concern and Allergy Concern - update provided
  • Lisa will train Linda for FM templates. - update provided
  • Kai to help with Medication Templates. - No action

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES




Value Set Process and UTG supportLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

  • This is being worked with Ted Klein and the Vocabulary WG

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Update to come after hearing from Vocab.



ADDITIONAL TOPICS 

  • KEY GOALS BEFORE September WG - Ongoing to update for Quality Plan and roll-out
  • CMG Membership and interest in participation
  • Annual items:
    • Term voting  - July

      Meeting Outcomes

      Summary of Votes/Key Decisions

      Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

      Action items