Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 CDAMG Minutes

Location: online!

Date:

Time: 1:00 PM Eastern

FacilitatorBrettNote Taker(s)Lisa

Attendance:

PresentName
  •  
Lisa R. Nelson
  •  

Brett Marquard

  •  

George Dixon

  •  

Jean Duteau

  •  

Rick Geimer

  •  

Dr. Kai U. Heitmann

  •  
Linda Michaelsen
  •  
Andrew Statler
  •  

Yan Heras

Regrets

  •  
Raychelle Fernandez

Quorum: Co-Chair +3

Guest(s): 

Didi Davis



Agenda (with Integrated Minutes)

STANDING BUSINESS

  • Attendance Review
  • Approve Minutes of 2020-03-11 CDAMG Meeting Minutes
    • Approved by consensus
  • Approval Requests
    • Reminder:  Complete Review Requests (links to all relevant materials) need to be provided 1 week prior to voting 
  • Discuss ideas for moving forward with C-CDA IAT (Lisa)
    • Review the proposal under consideration
    • Brett:  Would there be an option, since WG meeting is not happening, could we move the C-CDA track off the weekend so It will not be coincident with FHIR Connectathon?
      • Maybe even move both off the weekend
      • Separate both so that don't overlap
      • George asked:  What constitutes an implementer?  Any restrictions on who can participate?  Brett: we don't think so?
      • Didi:  There is an interoperability forum - Interoperability Matters - a public and members only session 
      • Joke  motion: withdrawn to make Brett emporer.
    • (Note FHIR Dev Days in June will have a go/no go decision on May 10th)
  • Discuss/review from Sydney Meeting
    • Discuss 3-year Roadmap advancement
    • Results of each CMG member's view of the future
    • Lots of additional discussion from other CMG members added to prior WG meeting minutes on this discussion.
    • Catch up here: 2020-02-04 Q4 CDAMG Meeting Minutes
  • ** Not Discussed** Follow-ups/Next Steps For Quality Plan
    • Review progress on the checklists to be created and the Communication Plan
  • Trying to track C-CDA on FHIR
    • Rick:  was approved through SDWG, then went to FMG
    • This will be submitted to FMG today for a publication vote next week.
    • How to access this:  Rick needs to provide the link to the version that has links to US Core 3.1.0
  • Rick discussed work being done on electronic case reporting

Adjourned:  1:59pm ET

PROJECT REPORT OUTS: 

Scheduled Reviews:

DateProjectWhoResources for Review
3/25Use of Structure Definition

Rick

Jean

Kai

NEXT STEPS:

Review the Path Forward

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Sent email to wayne



Update C-CDA


Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

Waiting on contract to proceed with template move.  



 C-CDA R2.1

Errata Releases

Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:

Review the current Errata Release Checklist.

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:



3/25Quality PlanLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Backed up behind ballot for Quality Criteria.  Plan is coming along..


3/11

C-CDA Implementation-A-ThonGeorge

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:

  • Plan for 2020 needs to be solidified with Dave Hamill

NOTES:

Key focus on 2/26 - decide if San Antonio will have a CDA IAT

Could do more to get federal partners.


CDA Base Standard

NEXT STEPS:

  • Still in ANSI waiting period. Check back after 12/1

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:

SDWG has started PSS for Tutorial and new Exam for CDA R2.1

Didi - survey 9 organizations, 5 said they would come in person (1 new, ECW)  no one will want to fix anything until the rule drops and we know what the expectation would be.

Liked the idea of the CommonWell Care Quality IG  for backdrop.

May 1 date didn't work well for some

U Pittsburg Med Center - What is the prerequisit?

What topics?  when?

Breaking Trend - virtual is better due to COVID-19  - 

May 1 not good for NCQA, Would consider virtual, but on another date.  Or find an alternative person.

Dave Cassle and Paul Wilder would be in favor of distributing something.

John D'Amore - 8-10 top issues within reach to address

Joe Lamy 


Proposed approach:

 (2-3 times in the year) 1 day F2F May 17 (Sunday) (1/2 the price ($225) of FHIR Connectathon if only this session, else pay full FHIR Connectathon price)

Set topics: Regs, Rubric, Scorecard, NCQA, CommonWell/Carequality Joint (We could turn this into a goto meeting if we needed too.) (THIS WOULD BE IN THE SAME TIME SLOTS)  


Virtual (3 times, in the year ) - driven Implementer Needs Speed proposals: problem that needs to be addresses, proposed solution, some sort of voting process.

Prior complaints - competing tracks (single threaded) , technology problems (HL7 has new and better tool)

Zoom Meeting Level - can raise your hand. (THESE WOULD BE DURING THE WORK WEEK)

Goto Webinar - can raise your hand. Integrated surveys (polling) on the fly or pre-prepared. ($49 if 1/2 day $99 if 1-day)


Dave - San Antonia updates

Update from CEO and Board Chair - decision will be made on April 15th.  Tentative plans are being considered for how to produce a virtual meeting and virtual Connectathon.  Decision by mid March and communication officially by April 15th.  

Any rebates offered if you register now?  If HL7 cancels, you would likely get a full refund.  If you cancel, by HL7 does not, then you get a refund less processing fees...all this is being clarified.

HL7 we can see doing a fully virtual Connectathon, if it comes to that. You would follow the on-site guide and just go to zoom room XYZ rather than ROOM 404.

George Motions to approve this as the framework/seconded by Raychelle 5-0-0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/130sLusutIqqBUWWg4zMJdeAHSjQOrIpGZyr51DGf7dU/edit#gid=0













Maturity ModelBrett/Rick

Artifact created:

NEXT STEPS:

  • Implementing this after cutting over to use the FHIR IG publishing mechanisms.

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Agreed this should be utilized after going to Structured Definition.  SDWG would need to apply the Criteria. Could we get feedback at the IAT to apply the rating? Do we need a checklist to help the decision makers to assign the maturity model.

Would need to work with SDWG as the owner of C-CDA templates, to apply it to their templates.  


3/25Jira ImplementationLinda

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

  • Revisit after February Meeting

NOTES:

Andrew is advancing this sending Wayne what he needs. HL7 supporting this conversion. This is a go via orders from Wayne.




Templates RegistryLisa

NEXT STEPS:

On HOLD - should the Roadmap indicate this is not feasible with the current tooling?

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Does moving to FHIR tooling help create a registry. - Not really.  

Could the registering of templates help get Templates into Registry.FHIR.org.  has a template Registry - Need to bring this up with FHIR-I.  This needs to go to HL7 - Need follow-up with Wayne to have this discussion.  Would be good to automate this....make a tracker item to FHIR-I to start the discussion after getting Wayne on board with the request.


Cross Workgroup Templates PilotLisa

NEXT STEPS:

  • Lisa is comparing IPS to C-CDA for Problem Concern and Allergy Concern - update provided
  • Lisa will train Linda for FM templates. - update provided
  • Kai to help with Medication Templates. - No action

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES

Need to work with IPS to make it clearer the relationship between IPS templates and CCDA Templates. 

Could we get a focus on FHIR Documents and what we could do with FHIR Documents.... that would also benefit CDA as a side-effect.




Value Set Process and UTG supportLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

  • This is being worked with Ted Klein and the Vocabulary WG

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:

Update to come after hearing from Vocab.



ADDITIONAL TOPICS 

  • KEY GOALS BEFORE MAY WG - Ongoing to update for Quality Plan and roll-out
  • Agenda Planning for San Antonio
  • Annual items:
    • Term voting  - July

      Meeting Outcomes

      Summary of Votes/Key Decisions

      Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

      Action items