Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 CDAMG Minutes

Location: online!

Date:

Time: 1:00 PM Eastern

FacilitatorBrettNote Taker(s)Lisa

Attendance:

PresentName
  •  
Lisa R. Nelson
  •  
Brett Marquard
  •  

George Dixon

Regrets

  •  
Jean Duteau
  •  
Rick Geimer
  •  
Dr. Kai U. Heitmann
  •  
Linda Michaelsen
  •  
Andrew Statler
  •  
Yan Heras
  •  
Raychelle Fernandez

Quorum: Co-Chair +3

Guest(s): Didi Davis, Sequoia


Agenda (with Integrated Minutes)

STANDING BUSINESS

  • Attendance Review
  • Approve Minutes of 2019-12-04 Minutes
    •  Approved by Consensus
  • Approval Requests
  • (SAVE FOR NEXT CALL - probably 1/15) Discuss and Develop C-CDA IAT Recommendations using deck prepared by George
    • Dave should be able to make 1:00pm on 12/18
    • Started a new PPT to bring the CMG ideas and feedback together to take a forward look at what do we need to do next.
      • We don't think we have the right people present at the IATs to really make impact
      • Also Implementations are a big part of what has impact:  HIEs, Clients, Others creating C-CDA
      • How do we get this audience involved
        • HIE Events?
        • ONC Events?
        • How can we address different audience
      • Haven't gotten to the plan/agenda
        • What is driving vendors to want to participate?
        • Regulatory events help drive interest
      • Maybe one large session per year?
        • Discuss or evaluate virtual IATs again
        • Potentially utilize Example Task force to come to consensus on how to handle things
    • PPT to be updated by the group link here
    • Sequoia offered several recommendations that suggested Sequoia could provide a lot of direction on how to connect to C-CDA Creators
    • Sequoia has an annual event in December that would be done annually.
      • Probably would be in he Fall - tends to be higher-ups and heavier hitters. 
      • We could look at conducting a workshop at the same time that would attract the technical folks.
      • Could include some additional listening sessions.
      • Didi will be helping to lead the content focus: Marianne and Didi could work closely with HL7 project leaders to move to a more detailed plan for the IAT.
      • Only 5% of the 7,000 documents passed.  We need to fix this.
      • Brett and Lisa will complete the Recommendation ppt and send it to Dave.
  • Discuss Quality Plan Follow-ups/Next Steps
    • Discuss overall Quality Plan roll-out strategy over coming 12 months  
      • CMG needs to focus on something similar to the IG Quality Criteria Checklist
      • Process Roll-out, what approach did FHIR take?  Any specific communication plan?
        • Melva explained this was really done, but she is doing more to educate FHIR Accelerator Projects, and this seems to be helpful
        • Didn't happen with Work Groups and WG Co-chairs.  Melva agreed this would be helpful.
      • Lots of content in the FHIR Wiki that is now being moved over to Confluence
        • You need deeper details that help people understand the check list and provide more details on what the checklist means, how you confirm that the checklist item is done.
      • Andrew Statler Is the SDWG C-CDA Quality Criteria Published?
  • Discuss planning for Sydney Meeting - Agenda planning
  • Rick - mention up-coming topic to discuss progress on representation of C-CDA templates using StructureDefinition and and FHIR Tooling for publishing - Planned for 1/15/2020
  • Reminder: Meeting on 1/1/2020 has been cancelled.



PROJECT REPORT OUTS: 

Scheduled Reviews:

DateProjectWhoResources for Review
1/15Use of Structure Definition

Rick

Jean

Kai

NEXT STEPS:

Discuss how to proceed and make progress even though expected timelines may be longer than originally forecasted.

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:



Update C-CDA

Update Plan for Companion Guide Revisions

Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:

In ballot reconciliation.  Target publication at end of September/early Oct

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




 C-CDA R2.1

Errata Releases

Brett/Lisa

NEXT STEPS:

Review the current Errata Release Checklist.

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:



12/18Quality PlanLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

  • Incorporate CMGs Quality Plan  into Roadmap presentation and review at Sept WG
  • Basic plan is to develop a checklist or set of checklists based on:
    • How to correctly fill out PSS and Publication Requests
    • How to confirm that an IG meets required Quality Criteria (as similar as possible to what FHIR is doing with maybe some adjustments specific to CDA IGs)
      • Do certain IG's need to be marked as published in Trifolia?  Should this be onto a checklist somewhere? How to connect a tooling IG name with the HL7 Published artifact?
  • Create a ppt explaining how the checklists are intended to be used, when they will be used, and by whom, and where they will live.
  • Create a plan that covers who and when the plan will be discussed/reviewed with relevant work groups.

OPEN ISSUES:

  • How do Product quality plans fit with HL7 Quality Plan- keep on the topics list at higher-up meetings
  • How does SDWG quality criteria fit into the CDA Quality Plan - Methodology vs Management- Wed Q1 discussion with SDWG?

NOTES:



12/18

C-CDA Implementation-A-ThonGeorge

NEXT STEPS:


OPEN ISSUES:

  • Participation in getting documents from vendors is a challenge

NOTES:



CDA Base Standard

NEXT STEPS:

  • Still in ANSI waiting period. Check back after 12/1

OPEN ISSUES:


NOTES:




Maturity ModelBrett/Rick

Artifact created:

NEXT STEPS:

  • Implementing this after cutting over to use the FHIR IG publishing mechanisms.

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:



Jira ImplementationLinda

NEXT STEPS:

OPEN ISSUES:

  • Revisit after February Meeting

NOTES:




Templates RegistryLisa

NEXT STEPS:

On HOLD - should the Roadmap indicate this is not feasible with the current tooling?

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES:



Cross Workgroup Templates PilotLisa

NEXT STEPS:

  • Lisa is comparing IPS to C-CDA for Problem Concern and Allergy Concern
  • Lisa will train Linda for FM templates. - need update
  • Kai to help with Medication Templates. - No action

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES




Value Set Process and UTG supportLisa/Brett

NEXT STEPS:

  • This is being worked with Ted Klein and the Vocabulary WG

OPEN ISSUES:

NOTES



ADDITIONAL TOPICS 

  • KEY GOALS BEFORE FEB WG - Ongoing to update for Quality Plan roll-out
  • Agenda Planning for Australia
  • Annual items:
    • Term voting  - July

      Meeting Outcomes

      Summary of Votes/Key Decisions

      Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

      Action items