- NCPDP and HL7 are both supportive of the RTPBC work and want to collaborate going forward
- At the bottom of the email is a list of CARIN-related events and other roundtables we want to pass along to you. We look forward to seeing you at HIMSS19!
Review of the MC-Data Requirement
- Members reviewed and provided edits and also included additional data elements which are captured on the attached document
- Members were asked to review the use cases from the business perspective and provide feedback on the next call
- LP will review direct rebating to consumers flag to determine how this fits with the recent regulation and to determine the implementation timeline
- LP will check to see if the co-pay information is included in the patient financial responsibility, if it is not then we will include it
- LP will check to see if the maintenance medication flag is available of where it’s in the business logic of the health plan’s adjudication
Opening Keynote Presentation: Will Consumer-Directed Exchange Disrupt the Healthcare Marketplace? (Tuesday February 12th @ 8:30 – 10am, Valencia Ballroom)
The opening keynote presentation is on consumer-directed exchange and the market disruption possibilities of empowered consumers. Hal Wolff, CEO of HIMSS, will facilitate a panel discussion with Aneesh Chopra, Dr. Karen DeSalvo, Governor Michael Leavitt, and Administrator Seema Verma. They will be discussing the health care transformation that is occurring because of consumer-directed exchange.
Interoperability Town Hall: Have We Kept the Patient Focus? (Tuesday, February 12th @ 4:30pm – 5:30pm, Interoperability Showcase, Hall F | 9100)
A round-robin format of leaders from interoperability stakeholder groups including: Ryan Howells, CARIN Alliance; Mariann Yeager, CEO, Sequoia Project; Joyce Sensmeier, VP Informatics, HIMSS North America; Michael J. McCoy, CEO Physician Technology Services, Inc. will discuss the industry’s progress to date and whether we have kept the patient focus.
Additionally, please hold the following dates and times for interoperability roundtables hosted at HIMSS. We have confirmed three roundtables for folks interested in being early adopters and participating in standards acceleration.
1) CARIN Alliance Roundtable (Tuesday, February 12th @ 10:30am – 12:00pm, Room W310B)
This roundtable will be led by the CARIN Alliance where we will focus on the draft Common Payer Consumer Data Set or “CPCDS” – a payer claims data format to "meet or exceed" the Blue Button 2.0. Specifications.
We will also review a growing portfolio of projects to empower patients including real-time pharmacy benefit check, price transparency, and post-acute care assessment information. For the CARIN Board and Community, this will mainly be an opportunity to network and recruit others to open up more data to consumers.
Please RSVP to Jourdan Laures (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB on February 8th if you plan to attend.
2) Argonaut Roundtable (Tuesday, February 12th @ 3:00pm – 4:30pm, Room W309A)
We will have our annual tradition of an Argonaut roundtable to share updates on the Implementation Guides that are ready for testing, an inventory of projects still in progress, and a review of 2019 new initiatives.
We will facilitate discussion on what we hope will be published in the CMS and ONC rules regarding interoperability requirements including direct rules on information blocking, conditions of participation, and “indirect” rules such as the already published rule that Medicare Part D plans must provide Rx pricing data at the point of prescribing by 1/1/20 which might be achieved via a “real-time benefit check” service.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by COB on February 8th if you plan to attend.
3) Cancer Data Standards Roundtable (Wednesday, February 13th @ 8:00am – 9:30am, Room W310B)
We will convene under the leadership of the Biden Cancer Initiative to review both a more detailed effort to operationalize the patient right of access connected to a patient-designated app, and an effort led by MITRE/ASCO to standardize a "cancer data" IG called, "MCODE."
Please RSVP here by COB on February 8th if you plan to attend.