Welcome! This is a new space for your workgroup!
For basic tasks in Confluence please visit: Welcome to Confluence
Select "Meeting Index" from the left page tree to get started making Agendas, Minutes, and Decisions.
Select "Documents" from the left page tree to access a place to drag and drop or insert any Work Group Wide documents.
Select the blue "Create" button above to get started making your own pages!
The mission of the Anesthesia WG is to provide HL7 artifacts that enable and facilitate the transfer, storage and use of information relating to the anesthetic care of patients. Common scenarios include:
- the transfer of anesthetic records between healthcare facilities for clinical care
- reporting of outcomes data for benchmarking
- reporting of clinical data for continuous quality improvement efforts and public health monitoring
- sharing of data for research registries
Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
Specific artifacts that the workgroup will create include (1) a domain analysis model for the practice of anesthesia, and (2) implementation guides in V2.x, CDA and/or FHIR.
To achieve these goals, we are:
- Identifying appropriate anesthesia constraints against existing HL7 artifacts.
- Identifying critical data standards specific to anesthesiology necessary for standardized quality and outcomes reporting and measuring
- Identifying and promoting required terminology to support reporting and measurement
- Identifying and promoting requirements for standardized peri-operative anesthesia records to facilitate exchange and aggregation of peri-operative data
- Coordinating with other groups interested in using anesthesia data standards
- Promoting the use of these standards nationally and internationally
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
The Anesthesia WG has a collaborative project with Healthcare Devices, and coordinates with other workgroups, such as Patient Care and Structured Documents, as necessary.
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
Although no official relationship exists, this Work Group works closely with the IHTSDO Anesthesia Special Interest Group.
Date of Last Revision
August 11, 2017
About us - Co-Chairs
Martin Hurrell Ph.D.
Phone: GBR +44 7711-669-522
Term ends Jan 2020
Term ends May 2019
Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
Phone: USA +1 8572823953
Term ends Sep 2019