TSC Approved: 2018-09-24_TSC_Call_Agenda
The HL7 process requires that a Project Scope Statement (PSS) SHALL be started prior to the start of ANY HL7 work.
1. Content considered to be HL7 content SHALL be developed:
- With the intention of balloting the content.
- Using the Decision Making Practices(DMP)* of the sponsoring work group(WG).
- Using transparent processes with an opportunity for HL7 members to participate.
- On open conference calls announced using HL7 processes as defined in the sponsoring work group's DMP*.
2. Content is considered to be external when it meets any of the below criteria:
- Content (other than requirements) has been substantially developed by an external group prior to the sponsoring work group approval of a Project Scope Statement .
- Ballot-able artifacts have not been developed under the sponsorship of an HL7 work group.
- Ballot-able artifacts have not been developed according to documented HL7 methodologies.
The Technical Steering Committee requires that content SHALL be stored on an HL7 managed platform.
The following are considered to be not external
New Implementation guides (IGs) created from existing standards are not external content provided they follow the provisions in 1.
New Version 2 Messages/segments/fields/components/sub-components/repeats as constrained in V2.x Chapter 2.
New CDA templates derived from CDA.
The following are considered external content:
Standards or material developed outside of HL7 processes (See 1 above) seeking HL7 approval.
The following requires a content review:
New standards not based on existing HL7 standards.
Content not in the healthcare domain.
* The standard DMP requires:
- Scheduled conference calls, with agendas posted by close-of-business of the first business day prior to a call.
- Minutes be produced and published on the WG web page, confluence space or wiki as well as the WG listserv. ....minutes from a conference call will be posted within one week following the call.
Quorum for WG or committee meetings require that a co-chair and at least two other WG members be present, where no single organization or party represents more than a simple majority of the voting WG members present.