Argonaut 2020 Project Overview
- For an intro to our 2020 project plan, see this deck
- Recording is available on YouTube
For scheduling details and dial-in info, please refer to public calendar for viewing and public iCal for import
Enhance the FHIR Bulk Data API based on real-world experience, to be ready for regulatory requirements that come online in 2022.
- Zulip stream: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/179250-bulk-data/topic/Argonaut.20Announcements
- Meeting notes, etc: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qFamLGExIN7aPS89JiEHSN5nmDWyHHB4
Expand the SMART App Launch Framework to support finer-grained access controls.
Zulip stream: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/179170-smart/topic/Argonaut.20Announcements
Meeting notes, etc: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZKfX5gZe3RThX7jLAFUjYSLLtaz2sD3q
User-facing apps often need to know things like:
- “who are the patients I’m seeing today,”
- “who are the patients I’m responsible for in the hospital right now,”
- “who are the patients in this ward.”
This is core functionality supported by existing EHR systems. In FHIR, various methods have been used such as the standard search API or assembling the List or Group resource. However, no standard or guidance for creation of, and manipulation of, patient lists currently exists.
Some project goals that will be addressed (and hopefully clarified with connectathon experience):
- Supporting interoperable and standard exchange of existing EHR supported “user-facing lists”.
- user-facing lists include both “system-maintained” and “user-maintained”(which are entirely ad-hoc - the user explicitly selects and manages members) lists
- Discover user-facing lists including searching on existing lists using limited set of predefined characteristics such as location or careteam.
- Fetch the List, allowing apps to enumerate members of a user-facing lists
- Provide a framework to convey extra details about the members of a lists
Overview Presentation of Project
Running Meeting Notes
Argo User Facing Patient List Draft IG
Patient List FHIR Profiles and other FHIR Artifacts
Patient List Resources:
Meetings: Starting April 1, Every Other Wednesday 1-2 PM ET
- To join by phone instead, tap this: +1.512.402.2718,,4225410989#
- Eric Haas: email@example.com
- HL7 Proposal and PSS
Please join the relevant Zulip streams at https://chat.fhir.org to join in discussion and follow progress.
We've also got full meeting notes, slide decks, and surveys for all projects available in Google Drive
We'll host two types of calls:
- Project-specific technical "Workgoup" calls every other week. These are intended for small-group discussion of the evolving specifications, and we're encouraging folks to join these calls only if you're actively contributing to the technical specifications. We'll keep detailed notes and provide routine status updates so everyone can keep tabs.
- Cross-project "Checkpoint" calls monthly. These are community-wide update calls, intended for broader discussion including Q&A. We encourage broad attendance and will record calls to ensure that folks can catch up anytime.